Operations – Maintenance
PPM is a thriving Planned Parenthood affiliate with a healthy financial standing and the capacity for expansion of our clinical services as well as our geographic reach. Our mission is to enable all Marylander's to have access to a wide range of high quality, affordable reproductive health care services. By providing medical services, education, training and advocacy, PPM seeks to help individuals make informed decisions about their reproductive health, family planning options, and sexuality.
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Facilities Manager, the Facilities Technician assists the Facilities Manager in the planning, coordination and performing of all maintenance and security activities in accordance with all building occupancy and code.
1. Perform ongoing preventive maintenance and repair work on the facilities mechanical, electrical and other installed systems.
2. Maintain, operate all HVAC systems and associated equipment, electrical equipment, plumbing systems, building management system and building repairs.
3. Perform general custodial and building maintenance activities.
4. Facilitate proper storage and disposition of medical, hazardous and office waste.
5. Facilitate maintenance on agency-owned parking lot.
6. Facilitate relocation and/or assembly of office furniture and equipment.
7. Insures compliance with state and federally mandated building safety codes and inspections.
8. Prepare and submit summary reports of conditions of the building and recommend actions to be taken.
9. Removes graffiti and outside building maintenance as necessary.
10. Pick up supplies from vendors and/or report to other sites.
11. On call duties for facilities and security issues.
12. Remove snow and other debris from sidewalks to ensure safe entry into building.
13. Ability to place orders to maintain necessary facilities stock.
14. Maintain up-to-date inspections, i.e. fire systems, sprinklers, elevators etc.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to minimum of:
1. Sufficient formal or informal education to ensure ability to perform at a level required for successful job performance; and
2. One (1) year’s experience in general maintenance and custodial functions.
3. Required to have own general tools.
PPM has a comprehensive and competitive compensation/benefits program to include employer matched 401K, Health, Dental, Vision, FSA, employer paid short-term and long-term disability, voluntary and supplemental life insurance, tuition reimbursement, paid parental leave and a generous time off package.
PPM is an equal opportunity employer. It is PPM's policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as to administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, military status, physical or mental disability, marital status, pregnancy, child birth or related medical condition, personal appearance, familial status, political opinion, source of income, occupation, or any other category protected by law.