Associate Medical Director
Operations – Senior Executives
PPM is a thriving Planned Parenthood affiliate with a healthy financial standing and the capacity for expansion of our clinical services as well as our geographic reach. Our mission is to enable all Marylander's to have access to a wide range of high quality, affordable reproductive health care services. By providing medical services, education, training and advocacy, PPM seeks to help individuals make informed decisions about their reproductive health, family planning options, and sexuality.
SUMMARY: Planned Parenthood of Maryland is looking for an Associate Medical Director to join our team. The Associate Medical Director assists the Chief Medical Officer and other medical services team leaders with administrative duties including supervision of medical staff and monitoring of all Planned Parenthood of Maryland (PPM) protocols. The Associate Medical Director also provides direct medical care to patients.
1. In accordance with PPFA Standards and Guidelines, collaborate with the Chief Medical Officer for the drafting, implementation, and monitoring of PPM medical protocols and procedures.
MEDICAL STAFF SUPERVISION:
2. In collaboration with the Chief Medical Officer, provide for the recruiting, training, and medical supervision and evaluation of PPM providers including physicians, nurse practitioners, nurse midwives, and others. Provide documentation that all competency requirements are met for staff, including, but not limited to, those who perform ultrasound and colposcopy.
3. Participate in the quality and risk management activities of the affiliate, including participation on the Quality and Risk Management Committee.
4. Oversee training and monitoring for all clinical staff in conjunction with the Director of Clinical Education.
5. Serve as Program Director for specialty services such as: ultrasound, abortion, colposcopy, primary care, as needed, including the development of clinical protocols and tools.
6. Provide clinical consultation to providers and others as needed.
7. Provide direct medical care including medical abortion, surgical abortion, family planning, and colposcopy services a minimum of 2 days per week.
8. Collaborate with other medical service team leaders on efforts to plan, implement, administer, and evaluate PPM’s medical services to maximize both cost-effectiveness and the patient experience.
9. Collaborate with the Chief Medical Officer and leadership to enhance and expand research activities at PPM.
10. Support PPM’s role in educating the next generation of family planning clinicians and abortion providers.
11. Undertake such other activities necessary to promote the furtherance of the goals of PPM.
12. Provide routine medical chart audits in accordance with PPFA Standards and Guidelines and PPM protocols and procedures.
13. Attend regular medical services and medical services core team meetings.
14. Through these activities demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to PPM core values of access, activism, care, confidentiality, diversity, excellence, integrity, respect, self-determination, and stewardship: practice these values in relations with internal and external customers.
15. All other duties assigned.
1. Must be a graduate of an approved medical school and licensed to practice in the State of Maryland. Board certification is preferred.
2. Specialized training in the areas of reproductive health, abortion, gynecology and experience performing ultrasounds for gestational dating and experience providing clinical care for abortion or post-abortion patients strongly desired.
3. Training and experience in primary care is also strongly desired.
PPM has a comprehensive and competitive compensation/benefits program to include employer matched 401K, Health, Dental, Vision, FSA, employer paid short-term and long-term disability, voluntary and supplemental life insurance, tuition reimbursement, paid parental leave and a generous time off package.
PPM is an equal opportunity employer. It is PPM's policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as to administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, military status, physical or mental disability, marital status, pregnancy, child birth or related medical condition, personal appearance, familial status, political opinion, source of income, occupation, or any other category protected by law.