Registered Nurse I
Baltimore City & Annapolis /
Clinical Services – Health Center Support Staff /
PPM is a thriving Planned Parenthood affiliate with a healthy financial standing and the capacity for expansion of our clinical services as well as our geographic reach. Our mission is to enable all Marylander's to have access to a wide range of high quality, affordable reproductive health care services. By providing medical services, education, training and advocacy, PPM seeks to help individuals make informed decisions about their reproductive health, family planning options, and sexuality.
SUMMARY: Under general direction PPM providers for the performance of the provision
of nursing care to PPM patients and under the general direction of a Regional Director for the operational and administrative performance, the RN I performs nursing tasks necessary for efficient center operations to ensure high quality client services and support, efficient client flow, and a professional health care environment.
1. Provide empathetic and non-judgmental direct nursing care in all the health center areas as appropriate to scope of practice and with adherence to Standard Operating Procedures and Clinical Workflow guidelines and Medical Standards and Guidelines.
2. Conduct ultrasound, medical histories, counseling, vitals, lab, etc. as needed in all aspects of PPM services to insure patient flow and quality health care.
3. Correctly enters patient information into Electronic Practice Management (EPM) system and Electronic Health Record (EHR) system. Maintains documentation of all patient care activities provided with adherence to Standard Operating Procedures and Clinical Workflow guidelines and Medical Standards and Guidelines.
4. Assist with patient notification and follow-up in accordance with PPM policies, the Medical Standards and Guidelines and under the direction of PPM providers
5. Prepare and administer medications to patients per clinician’s written orders, PPM standing orders protocols, and as allowed by scope of practice and PPM/State/Medical Board regulations.
6. Demonstrates PPM customer service standards.
7. Maintains excellent working relationship with other management staff and works cooperatively with health center personnel.
8. Provides patients with opportunity to provide feedback through patient surveys and reviews.
9. Provide service recovery for patients when needed
Health Center Operations:
10. Contributes to achieving health center productivity goals.
11. Adhere to affiliate goals on internal and external customer service, wait time in clinic and on the phone, and the system for addressing client complaints.
12. Prepares the recovery room for a surgical day with appropriate medications, patient information and equipment.
13. Complies with agency Quality Assurance plan and guidelines and all pertinent government regulations including OSHA and CLIA.
14. Attends in-services, staff meetings, and staff development activities as requested.
15. Works with volunteers, interns, and Medical Learners as applicable.
16. Travel as assigned.
17. Other duties as assigned.
1. Possession of a valid Maryland state, or Maryland endorsed, Registered Nurse license
2. Associate’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited institution.
3. CPR certification or willingness to obtain within 90 days of employment.
4. ACLS certification or willingness to obtain within 180 days of employment.
5. Willingness to support the mission of Planned Parenthood of Maryland.
6. Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently.
PPM has a comprehensive and competitive compensation/benefits program for full-time employees to include employer matched 401K, Health, Dental, Vision, FSA, employer paid short-term and long-term disability, voluntary and supplemental life insurance, tuition reimbursement, paid parental leave and a generous time off package.
PPM is an equal opportunity employer. It is PPM's policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as to administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, military status, physical or mental disability, marital status, pregnancy, child birth or related medical condition, personal appearance, familial status, political opinion, source of income, occupation, or any other category protected by law.