Clinician (Nurse Practitioner/Midwife/Physician's Assistant) - Full Time - Kalamazoo
Full Time /
POSITION TITLE: Clinician – Kalamazoo
LOCATION: Kalamazoo, MI
REPORTS TO: Director of Patient Care Operations
STATUS: Full Time, Exempt
Wage: $97,500 per year
Planned Parenthood of Michigan has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy requiring COVID-19 vaccinations including boosters when eligible for all employees.
Under limited supervision, uses specialized knowledge in gynecological/family planning medical diagnosis and treatment, along with skills obtained through experience and/or formal training to deliver high quality patient care in support of the “Care, No Matter What” mission. Assess patient’s needs, conducts appropriate exams, and responds to patient questions. This staff person will fully embody a commitment to race equity; evidenced in all interactions with PPMI colleagues and external stakeholders.
· Provide gynecologic/family planning exams, including abortion follow up exams, and conduct appropriate testing.
· Assess patient’s contraceptive needs and prescribe/dispense medications and contraceptive devices as appropriate and allowed by license.
· Evaluate, plan and implement patient treatment plans. May including referring abnormal conditions to outside providers for care that is outside of PPMI’s scope of practice.
· Diagnose and treat sexually transmitted/gynecologic infections.
· Perform microscopy and interpret laboratory test results and order additional tests/procedures as necessary.
· Record, review, and interpret patient medical and social histories and symptoms.
· Request/review pertinent patient medical records.
· Provide After-Hours telephone triage for PP patients.
· Provide comprehensive education to patients including: contraception, reproductive health, pregnancy options, and abortion education.
· Respond to patient concerns in person and via phone.
· Regularly conduct chart audits.
· Counsel patients on healthy lifestyle including weight loss tips, nutrition and exercise, smoking cessation
· Act as a resource for ancillary staff.
· Maintains organization and governmental agency quality control standards.
· Provide in-service education to staff and acts as a clinic medical resource for staff
· May participate in affiliate research projects as directed.
· Remains current on PPFA protocols and requirements for medical care delivery
· Travels to other health centers within defined region on occasion.
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
The above duties and responsibilities are not an exhaustive list of required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, and this job description can be amended at any time.
Qualifications and Experience
· Minimum Degree Required:
o Master’s Degree
· Required Disciplines:
o Physician’s Assistant, Nurse-Practitioner, Certified Nurse Midwife.
· Some experience in a clinical setting preferable in an OB/GYN setting preferred. Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
· Skill in operating standard office equipment and using required software applications including Microsoft Office
· Knowledge of advanced concepts, procedures and practices of gynecological care, diagnosis and treatment
· Knowledge of appropriate medical record documentation and understanding of CPT and ICD-10 coding as part of the clinical revenue cycle
· Knowledge of advanced concepts, practices and procedures of medical terminology and medical record documentation
· Knowledge of advanced concepts, practices and procedures used in a medical office environment
· Knowledge of microscopy procedures, including urine sediment and vaginal wet mounts
· Demonstrated ability to achieve objectives in collaboration with other functional areas
· Demonstrated commitment to Planned Parenthood’s mission, vision and values
· Commitment to advancing race (+) equity in one's work: interest in expanding knowledge about the role that racial inequity plays in our society.
· Awareness of multiple group identities and their dynamics; bring a high level of self-awareness about personal identity, empathy, and humility to interpersonal interactions.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and directly as well as hear and act on feedback related to identity and equity.
· Strong sense of accountability to diversity, equity and inclusion principles and practices.
· Understand of the impact of identity dynamics on organizational culture.
· Commitment to Planned Parenthood's In This Together service ethos, workplace values, and service standards.
$97,500 - $97,500 a year
We value a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.