Remote Patient Access Representative -Full time (No Weekends) Day Shift *Must reside within 25 miles of Ypsilanti, Michigan*
Ypsilanti, MI /
Call Center /
Stand With Us! Work With Us!
Planned Parenthood of Michigan offers comprehensive reproductive healthcare services. We are here to educate and care for healthy communities. We believe the needs of our community are greater than they’ve ever been. And that drives us to work harder, aim higher, and expect more from one another. Here, you'll be empowered to make an immediate impact for our organization and clients.
Under general supervision, uses specialized knowledge of Planned Parenthood of Michigan’s (PPMI) reproductive healthcare services to provide professional, efficient, and customer focused service in support of the “Care, No Matter What” mission. Incumbent creates a positive first impression by providing knowledgeable answers to questions and directs callers appropriately.
Schedule: Monday - Friday (No Weekends) 9:00AM to 5:00PM
*This position is temporary thru 2021 however there will be opportunity to apply for permanent opportunities at the end of the temporary assignment*
Position will be remote until further notice however*Must reside in Michigan* We are projecting the position will return to the Ypsilanti call center site at the start of the 2021.
This position is also temporary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule appointment times in accordance with health center standards and appointment guidelines.
- Provide clients with service and center-specific guidelines and instructions for health center visits.
- Educate clients about services, funding sources and fees.
- Conduct accurate fee assessment to determine payer source and eligibility for funding: private insurance, Medicaid plans, Title X, and other grant programs. Inform patients of financial responsibility, what to bring, and payment methods.
- Collect insurance information and verify coverage in collaboration with billing department.
- Re-direct medical calls/questions to appropriate medical personnel.
- Maintain patient records, checking for completeness, errors, and signatures and enter in appropriate systems.
- Ensure clients are advised of follow up needs per alert notes in the practice management and electronic medical record application systems.
- Effectively handle on-line appointment requests and collect follow up data as directed.
- Routinely provide appointment reminders via phone, text, or email per patient’s preference.
- Refer patients to other providers for services that are out of PPMI’s scope.
- Maintain confidentiality and exercise sensitivity and a nonjudgmental manner in dealing with sexuality and sensitive client issues.
- Maintains currency in professional and effective customer service and call center operation techniques.
- Maintains currency in reproductive healthcare services and programs in order to answer questions and direct calls appropriately.
- Meet daily, weekly and monthly call center performance goals in respect to volume, metrics and service levels and quality.
- Operates standard office equipment and uses required software applications.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Minimum Degree Required:
- High School Diploma
- One year of health care and/or call center experience required; family planning or reproductive health experience preferred. Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
- Please submit resume
We value a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.