Director of Patient Care Operations
POSITION TITLE: Director of Patient Care Operations
REPORTS TO: Senior VP of Patient Care Operations
LOCATION: Remote within Michigan
STATUS: Full Time, Exempt
STARTING ANNUAL SALARY RANGE: $90,000
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD. Life & ADD, 403B, Flexible Spending Account, Generous Paid Time off Program and Free healthcare at our clinics for you and your immediate family!
Planned Parenthood of Michigan has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy requiring COVID-19 vaccinations including boosters when eligible for all employees.
The Director of Patient Care Operations is responsible for the management of clinical operations at multiple health centers across the state of Michigan. Through committed leadership, the Director of Patient Care Operations will collaboratively ensure the provision of high-quality, inclusive, patient-centered care in partnership with health center teams: including managers, clinicians, and other licensed and unlicensed staff. This leader will fully embody a commitment to race equity; evidenced in all interactions with PPMI colleagues, external stakeholders and in their supervision of staff.
· Demonstrates a commitment to race equity. Maintains current knowledge of PPMI’s work toward enhanced race equity standards, is held accountable to them and holds their team members accountable.
· Manages and mentors a culturally diverse team; creates and sustains an organizational culture that fosters inclusiveness and equity.
· Provides support and development to health center managers to manage and achieve monthly and annual goals, objectives, exemplary levels of staff and patient engagement and experience.
· Provides support and development to health center managers for financial management and budgets of assigned health centers.
· Ensures ongoing collaboration and networking with appropriate community partners and other health care providers/entities in the service area to promote PPMI as an essential community provider and to establish referral relationships.
· Actively participates as a member of PPMI’s Leadership Team.
· Leads team members using a performance support process that includes goal setting, routine feedback, and ongoing development.
· Empowers staff to deliver assigned responsibilities and manage their functions.
· Provides regular development feedback to team and accountability related to practices including, but
not limited to, equity.
· Collaborates with communications team, identifies priorities for external communications in support of patient care marketing and outreach goals.
· Represents PPMI at meetings, community events, conferences and fundraising activities, as appropriate.
· Continuously maintains professional growth and learning by attending conferences, seminars, etc.
· Monitors and is held accountable for performance outcomes of assigned health centers, including financials, employee and patient satisfaction, productivity, cycle times.
· Leads and manages health center and service expansion, enhancement, relocation, and development plans.
· Collaborates with Business Operations to develop, implement and facilitate processes and policies to successfully bill and collect for services covered by third party.
· Interprets, monitors and ensures compliance with all Planned Parenthood and regulatory policies, practices, procedures and standards in health center operations through collaboration with Director of Quality, Risk & Compliance.
· Plans and supervises activities required to achieve accreditation and required licensure.
· Coordinates with clinical leadership and clinicians to identify, develop and implement clinical workflows, policies and procedures to maintain high quality patient care.
· Maintains thorough and complete knowledge of all Planned Parenthood Policies and Procedures regarding managing health centers and clinical operations. Review new and existing policies and procedures with all health center staff on a regular basis. Has ability to interpret and apply policies as well as identify and recommend changes as appropriate in order to achieve desired outcomes.
· Works collaboratively with health center managers and clinicians to identify staff training needs and provides and/or coordinates appropriate training with support of Learning/Development.
· Collaborates with Research team to implement and expand research in the health centers.
The above duties and responsibilities are not an exhaustive list of required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, and this job description can be amended at any time.
Qualifications and Experience
· Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience in a health care setting
· Demonstrated ability to achieve objectives in collaboration with other functional areas
· Demonstrated commitment to Planned Parenthood’s mission, vision and values
o Work under pressure on multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
o Facilitate meetings, ensuring that all viewpoints, ideas and problems are addressed.
o Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
o Be an engaged listener with the ability to build consensus both within and outside the organization.
o Gather information, identify links and trends and apply findings to assignments.
o Inspire enthusiasm and influence, motivate and persuade others to achieve desired outcomes.
o Interpret and apply organizational policies and identify and recommend changes as appropriate.
o Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
o Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
o Lead and work in a remote environment.
o Handle stressful situations and provide a high level of customer service in a calm and professional manner.
o Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
o Solve problems, analyze information and data, and manage projects.
o Exercise a high degree of judgment and diplomacy and maintain confidentiality.
· Bachelor’s degree in Heath Care Administration or related field
· Commitment to advancing race (+) equity in one's work: interest in expanding knowledge about the role that racial inequity plays in our society.
· Awareness of multiple group identities and their dynamics; bring a high level of self-awareness about personal identity, empathy, and humility to interpersonal interactions.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and directly as well as hear and act on feedback related to identity and equity.
· Strong sense of accountability to diversity, equity and inclusion principles and practices.
· Understand of the impact of identity dynamics on organizational culture.
· Commitment to Planned Parenthood's In This Together service ethos, workplace values, and service standards
We value a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.