Special Events Manager- Full Time- Ann Arbor
Ann Arbor Administrative Office
Administrative Support Staff
Job Summary: Manages the planning and execution of all special events. Develops, implements and supports new and existing events. Works with the Executive Vice President of Advancement and events committees. Works independently with donors and other influential people outside groups to further the mission of Planned Parenthood of Michigan! Manages Special Event Coordinator – working to ensure all events statewide are well planned and executed
**Must have complete scheduling flexibility and be available to work a rotating schedule including evenings, nights, and weekends**
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide ongoing administrative oversight and hands-on coordination to PPMI event committees, staff, and volunteers by monitoring all event details. Meets with staff and volunteer event committees regularly to identify the various aspects of the event including scope and format, expense budget, revenue projections, and event progress.
- Creates master timeline and task list for all events and ensures that all tasks are completed within the established deadline.
- Conducts post-event evaluations to determine improvement opportunities for future events.
- In conjunction with the Director of Communication and Marketing, promote special events.
- Identify, track and allocate resources needed for the event (giveaways, brochures, posters, gift envelopes, etc.).
- Coordinates and acts as a liaison between volunteer committee members, PPMI staff, and designers on the creation and distribution of all event-related printed materials. May write and proofread content as needed.
- Ensures that event logistics are staffed and operating efficiently and effectively including registration and raffles. Ensures that all vendors have proper set up and materials needed.
- Enters information regarding event registrants into database. Produces registration reports for day-of-event check in. Ensures seating charts are created and utilized.
- Downloads all event registrations and online giving on a regular basis and ensure that information is always up to date.
- Writes and distributes individualized acknowledgement letters and periodic stewardship reports to all donors.
- Maintains centralized calendar of meetings, coordinates meeting times and locations, prepares agendas, minutes, meeting reminders and reports as needed, and manages any technical needs for department meetings.
- Operates standard office equipment and uses required software applications.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of:
- Fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of event management.
- Fundamental concepts, practices and procedures used in effective and efficient administration and utilization of development software/database applications.
- Fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of research tools is a plus.
- Skill in:
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications including Microsoft Office.
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge, Wealth Engine and PowerPoint a plus.
- Ability to:
- Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
- Incorporate needs, wants and goals from different business unit perspectives into ensuring the various events to meet the end goal and objective.
- Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
- Gather information, identify linkages and trends and apply findings to assignments.
- Incite enthusiasm and influence, motivate and persuade others to achieve desired outcomes.
- Organize, prioritize, and track multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Maintain confidentiality of donor and other sensitive information.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Minimum Degree Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Required Disciplines:
- Business, Political Science, or a relate field
- At least one year experience organizing large and small fundraising events. Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
Company subsidized premiums on Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays
403B with employer matching
Short and Long Term Disability Coverage
Robust Employee Assistance Program
Flexible Spending Accounts
Planned Parenthood of Michigan is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workplace.