Clinician -Full time- Kalamazoo
Kalamazoo, MI /
Planned Parenthood of Michigan offers comprehensive reproductive healthcare services. We are here to educate and care for healthy communities. We believe the needs of our community are greater than they’ve ever been. And that drives us to work harder, aim higher, and expect more from one another. Here, you'll be empowered to make an immediate impact for our organization and clients.
Under limited supervision, uses specialized knowledge in gynecological/family planning medical diagnosis and treatment, along with skills obtained through experience and/or formal training to deliver high quality patient care in support of the “Care, No Matter What” mission. Assess patient’s needs, conducts appropriate exams, and responds to patient questions.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package:
Excellent Medical and Dental Benefit Plans
Retirement plan and employer match
Generous Paid Time Off.
Plus Additional Benefits.
- Provide gynecologic/family planning exams, including abortion follow up exams, and conduct appropriate testing.
- Assess patient’s contraceptive needs and prescribe/dispense medications and contraceptive devices as appropriate and allowed by license.
- Evaluate, plan and implement patient treatment plans. May including referring abnormal conditions to outside providers for care that is outside of PPMI’s scope of practice.
- Diagnose and treat sexually transmitted/gynecologic infections.
- Perform microscopy and interpret laboratory test results and order additional tests/procedures as necessary.
- Record, review, and interpret patient medical and social histories and symptoms.
- Request/review pertinent patient medical records.
- Provide After-Hours telephone triage for PP patients.
- Provide comprehensive education to patients including: contraception, reproductive health, pregnancy options, and abortion education.
- Respond to patient concerns in person and via phone.
- Regularly conduct chart audits.
- Counsel patients on healthy lifestyle including weight loss tips, nutrition and exercise, smoking cessation
- Act as a resource for ancillary staff.
- Maintains organization and governmental agency quality control standards.
- Provide in-service education to staff and acts as a clinic medical resource for staff
- May participate in affiliate research projects as directed.
- Remains current on PPFA protocols and requirements for medical care delivery
- Travels to other health centers within defined region on occasion.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of:
- Advanced concepts, procedures and practices of gynecological care, diagnosis and treatment.
- Appropriate medical record documentation and understanding of CPT and ICD-10 coding as part of the clinical revenue cycle.
- Advanced concepts, practices and procedures of medical terminology and medical record documentation.
- Advanced concepts, practices and procedures used in a medical office environment.
- Microscopy procedures, including urine sediment and vaginal wet mounts.
- Skill in:
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications including Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of medical records management systems a plus.
- Ability to:
- Gather information, identify linkages and trends, and apply findings to diagnose and plan appropriate course of treatment.
- Read and comprehend patient’s level of understanding of information being provided and make appropriate adjustments to method of delivery if needed.
- Deliver test results and educational materials in an objective, medically factual, empathetic and compassionate manner.
- Work under pressure on multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Identify actions, behaviors, or responses that may indicate a patient is being coerced.
- Provide a high level of customer service and handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Minimum Degree Required:
- Masters Degree
- Required Disciplines:
- Physician’s Assistant, Nurse-Practitioner, Certified Nurse Midwife.
- Recent college graduate. Some experience in a clinical setting preferable in an OB/GYN setting preferred. Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
- Licensed in the State of Michigan
We value a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.