Community Outreach Educator- Part-Time -Petoskey
Under limited supervision, uses intermediate skills obtained through experience and training to develop, implement and evaluate education and outreach programs within a specified service area. Provides reproductive and sexual health education programs to youth, parents, community groups, professionals and schools in support of Planned Parenthood of Michigan’s (PPMI) objective of providing medically-accurate sexuality education and health care services.
Rotating work schedule including nights & weekends
Travel May Be Required: Up to 40% travel within the State of Michigan. Out of state/overnight travel 1 – 2 times/year
30 Hours per week
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement and facilitate various Youth Leadership and Peer Education Programs as applicable.
- Utilize facilitation and presentation best practices to plan and implement training, presentations, meetings and other events.
- Design and implement program evaluations as appropriate.
- Conduct community outreach to potential patients and agencies and participate in community events while working to increase awareness of PPMI services and supporting patient recruitment.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key community leaders and stakeholders.
- Monitors grant and program progress by tracking data and generating monthly reports. Provides regular reporting per grant funding requirements.
- Align program activities and work priorities with affiliate, grant and department goals.
- In conjunction with other departments, advance and promote PPMI programs and services.
- Represent PPMI at health fairs and other special events to a variety of constituents including donors, community officials, partner agencies and other
- Build professional networks by serving on agency and community coalitions as a representative of PPMI.
- In coordination with the Education Department and communications team, aid in developing, distributing and/or promoting marketing and social media materials.
- Maintain current and accurate records and documentation of all activities.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Minimum Degree Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Required Disciplines:
- Human Sexuality, Family Life Education, Gender Studies, Health and Human Services, Community Health Education, Sociology, or similar
- At least three years experience in education and/or health/sexuality education, youth development or related field. One to two years public speaking or group facilitation experience required. Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
Planned Parenthood of Michigan is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workplace.