Seeking a Government Relations Coordinator to help support the implementation of Planned Parenthood 501c(3) and 501c(4) policy and advocacy initiatives, to track and communicate legislative and policy positions for internal and external audiences, support the PPAM questionnaire and endorsement process for state, county and local candidates, provide support for the PPAM PAC through administrative and data-related projects, support general functions for the PPAM
Lansing office. The Government Relations Coordinator reports to the Director of Government Relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Under direction of the Director of Government Relations, uses specialized knowledge in politics, policy and advocacy, and skills obtained through experience and training to enhance and leverage Planned Parenthood’s political power and influence.
- Assists with PPAM PAC administration including data-management, budget-tracking and check requests.
- Supports the PPAM endorsement process from questionnaire distribution to final endorsement announcements via internal and external communications, data and resource management.
- Working closely with the Government Relations and Communications offices, maintains currency in political issues impacting the mission of the organization and coordinates legislative and policy communications for internal and external stakeholders. Internal communications include fact sheets and white papers about the impact of public policy on our issues while external communications focus on informing supporters about those issues and how they can engage with elected officials.
- Contributes to and coordinates with an integrated, strategic online, web, and social media organizing and communications plan/program.
- Coordinates internal administrative operations for Lansing PPAM office.
- Provide statewide event support and coordination; including trainings, legislative convenings, lobby days, fundraisers, etc.
- Operates standard office equipment and uses required software applications.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum Degree Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Required Disciplines:
- Public Policy, Political Science, or a related field
- At least one year of legislative or campaign experience, experience within PPAM administration, or equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
Planned Parenthood of Michigan is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workplace.