Equity and Inclusion Business Partner
Ann Arbor Administrative Office /
Human Resources /
Stand With Us! Work With Us!
Planned Parenthood of Michigan offers comprehensive reproductive healthcare services. We are here to educate and care for healthy communities. We believe the needs of our community are greater than they’ve ever been. And that drives us to work harder, aim higher, and expect more from one another. Here, you'll be empowered to make an immediate impact for our organization and clients.
The Equity and Inclusion Business Partner will report to the Director of Culture and Equity. This position will co-develop and support the implementation of the PPMI’s equity and culture initiatives, with the goal of centering our most marginalized employees. The work of this position is linked closely with improving employee and patient experience, reducing abortion stigma, leveraging trauma-informed practices and retaining a diverse employee population at all levels of the organization
10%- 25%; Occasional travel to the administrative office and other health centers in the state of MI.
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday , Hours Flexible & To Be Determined By the Director.
Work Location: This position reports to our health care facilities throughout Michigan and has the flexibility to work remotely.
Health Center Locations: Ann Arbor, Detroit, Ferndale, Flint, Grand Rapids, Jackson, Kalamazoo, Lansing, Livonia, Warren.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates equity programs, training and initiatives in close partnership with the Director of Culture and Equity (Including but not limited to Mind Science training program and Identity based caucuses)
- Works closely and with the co-leads for PPMI’s Equity Action Team (EAT) to ensure alignment with that teams work and org wide equity initiatives. Similarly partnering with Learning & Development to ensure alignment for broad scope programs.
- Reviews current practices and policies, assessing and providing insight to the extent to which they support or hinder the organization’s race equity goals.
- Collects and analyzes statistical data to evaluate the company’s population in accordance with equity standards and goals. This includes receiving the data from Press Ganey Employee Engagement and Patient experience to look at disaggregating it by race.
- Supports the evaluate and measuring of the impact of racial equity and other diversity and inclusion work; gathers and analyzes data as needed and prepares reports – including the PPMI DE&I Dashboard.
- Works closely with EAT to design and consult with the HR team on recruiting and hiring strategies to attract employees from diverse backgrounds.
- Develops and/or acquires training and development to aid diversity and retention initiatives, ensuring outcomes are focused on improving work environment for BIPOC staff in a primarily white led organization.
- Provides guidance to supervisors and HR team in developing objective performance and other employee evaluations and policies.
- Maintains knowledge of diversity-related issues, legislation, and best practices.
- Provides training and policy updates to colleagues, using effective communication skills both written and verbal.
- Skilled facilitator both in person and virtually on nuanced conversations about race, privilege and other identity difference.
- Aligns behavior with our In This Together values and service standards for both internal and external customers.
- Able to both give and receive critical feedback about racist behaviors that inevitably show up in our work environment.
- Cultivates and maintains effective partnerships with diverse external organizations, other relevant organizations, thought leaders, partners and vendors in order to inform the agency’s strategy for racial equity work and other diversity and inclusion objectives
- Provides support, coaching and consultation to individuals, managers and groups regarding cross-cultural conflicts
- Serves as affiliate contact to PPFA on equity, inclusion and diversity work and advocates for a comprehensive national plan and appropriate resources
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of three years of working in the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) field in some capacity.
- Demonstrated commitment and passion for equity, diversity and inclusion issues through research, activism, or project development; significant knowledge about current trends, issues and policies about equity, diversity and inclusion
- Ability to recognize and interpret the nuances of the power and privilege dynamics in race relations and other dominant-non-dominant culture relations
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships across a variety of stakeholders, influence others and manage laterally and up to ensure successful outcomes
- Experience implementing equity and inclusion programs and change initiatives; experience with an organization in the initial stages of race equity work preferred
We value a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.