Education Administrative Assistant
Education-Community Outreach /
POSITION TITLE: Education Administrative Assistant
LOCATION: Hybrid within Michigan
STATUS: Part Time, Non Exempt - 22.5 hours per week
HOURLY PAY RATE: $20.513
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD. Life & ADD, 403B, Flexible Spending Account, Generous Paid Time off Program and Free healthcare at our clinics for you and your immediate family!
Planned Parenthood of Michigan has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy requiring COVID-19 vaccinations including boosters when eligible for all employees.
Reporting to an Education Director, the Education Administrative Assistant position will use skills obtained through experience and training to provide administrative support to the Education Leadership Team at PPMI which includes the VP of Education, Education Director, and Education Department Managers. The Education department is responsible for developing, implementing, and evaluating education programs, training programs, and outreach initiatives. Administrative tasks include but are not limited to ordering, compiling, and mailing supplies; assisting with data tracking and reporting; and providing logistical support for education programs, trainings, events as needed. This position requires problem solving, works independently, and assists with special projects.
● Works closely with Education Leadership Team to provide logistical support and administrative infrastructures related to various education initiatives
● Monitors inventory of education supplies, kits, and materials
● Orders, prints, tracks, compiles, and mails education supplies, kits, and materials for education programs
● Assists with data tracking and reporting in various data collection platforms such as ADAP, RedCap, and others for education programs
● Monitors education voicemail and email
● Assists with internal and external education team communications
● Attends and keeps minutes for education meetings
● Provides logistical support for statewide education events including working with vendors, coordinating reservations, catering, location details, etc.
● Monitors and updates email lists, inventory lists, and shared drives
● Assists managers with logistical support with onboarding and offboarding education staff
● Assists with logistical and technical support for virtual education programs
● In coordination with the Education Department and communications team, aids in distributing and/or promoting marketing and social media materials
● Maintain current and accurate records and documentation of all activities
● Coordinates scheduling and calendar assistance for department and education leadership team meetings
● Works with education staff to assist with compiling materials and resources shared on slack, the intranet, email listservs, etc.
● Communicates with program participants as needed
● Operates standard office equipment and uses required software applications
● Organizes and prioritizes multiple tasks and meets deadlines
● Works independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment
● Provides a high level of customer service
● Establishes and maintains effective working relationships at all levels of the organization
● Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information
● Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
The above duties and responsibilities are not an exhaustive list of required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, and this job description can be amended at any time.
Qualifications and Experience
● Qualifications Preferred:
o High school diploma or equivalent
o Associate’s and Certificate in Administrative Assistance Programs –or-
o At least two years of education and/or training in an Administrative Assistant role
o Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources
● Intermediate to advanced concepts, practices and procedures used in administrative assistance
● Intermediate to advanced concepts, practices and procedures used in technical program support
● Fundamental concepts, practices and procedures used in effective and efficient administration and utilization of education software/database applications
● Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications, including Microsoft Office and Zoom, Google Suite, Asana
● Experience in data collection/reporting
● Superior attention to detail
● Candidates who are Bilingual in Spanish
● Partner with other staff and functional areas to accomplish objectives.
● Meet and achieve essential functions of the job.
● Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
● Gather information; identify linkages and trends and apply findings to assignments.
● Organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
● Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
● Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
● Handle stressful situations and provide a high level of customer service.
● Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
● Commitment to advancing race (+) equity in one's work: interest in expanding knowledge about the role that racial inequity plays in our society.
● Awareness of multiple group identities and their dynamics; bring a high level of self-awareness about personal identity, empathy, and humility to interpersonal interactions.
● Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and directly as well as hear and act on feedback related to identity and equity.
● Strong sense of accountability to diversity, equity and inclusion principles and practices.
● Commitment to Planned Parenthood's In This Together service ethos, workplace values, and service standards.
$20.51 - $20.51 an hour
We value a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.