Major Gift Officer
POSITION TITLE: Major Gifts Officer
LOCATION: Remote within Michigan
TRAVEL REQUIRED: 30-40%
STATUS: Full Time, Exempt - 37.5 hours per week
MINIMUM ANNUAL SALARY: $85,000
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD. Life & ADD, 403B, Flexible Spending Account, Generous Paid Time off Program and Free healthcare at our clinics for you and your immediate family!
Planned Parenthood of Michigan has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy requiring COVID-19 vaccinations including boosters when eligible for all employees.
Reporting directly to the Sr. Director of Major Gifts, the Major Gifts Officer will work collaboratively in directing, strategizing and implementing major gift cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors in Michigan. This officer will position PPMI as an essential and contributing community partner among supporters, advocates, local officials, agencies, businesses and other entities. The Major Gifts Officer will take an active role in representing and promoting PPMI in the region. This staff person will fully embody a commitment to race equity; evidenced in all interactions with PPMI colleagues and external stakeholders.
· Manages and populates a major gift portfolio of individuals that have the capacity to make gifts over $10,000.
· Creates individual plans to cultivate, solicit and steward donors appropriately and aggressively. Individuals included in the major gift portfolio should receive several individual contacts annually.
· Manages and cultivates relationships with existing major gift prospects, identifies new prospects at the major gift level, and engages new prospects annually.
· Collaborates with the Senior Director of Major Gifts to create fundraising goals for the assigned major and mid-level portfolios.
· Achieves individual fundraising goals.
· Conducts face-to-face fundraising solicitations.
· Solicits or facilitates solicitation meetings with major donor prospects,
· Works with CEO, CDO, and Sr. Director of Major Gifts, volunteers and board members to strategize regarding prospects, gift amounts and solicitation techniques
· Matches Planned Parenthoods funding priorities to individual donor interests
· Conducts at least 5 personal contacts a week with prospects and donors
· Manages systems and software to track and cultivate donors and prospects, including our donor database and wealth screening tools.
· Ensures consistent and appropriate contact with donors and makes or facilitates solicitations with the CEO, CDO and Sr. Director of Major Gifts.
· Develops materials used in effective donor meetings and conversations.
· Serves as an active and engaged Development Team member.
· Gathers and enters information regarding prospect and donors in PPMI’s donor database.
· Works collaboratively with the Special Events Team to help secure sponsorships and attendees at events in the Ann Arbor region.
The above duties and responsibilities are not an exhaustive list of required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, and this job description can be amended at any time.
Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of experience
· Minimum of 3 years of fundraising experience in a not-for-profit environment
· Demonstrated ability to achieve objectives in collaboration with other functional areas
· Demonstrated commitment to Planned Parenthood’s mission, vision and values
o Facilitate meetings, ensuring that all viewpoints, ideas and problems are addressed.
o Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
o Be an engaged listener with the ability to build consensus both within and outside the organization.
o Gather information, identify links and trends and apply findings to assignments.
o Inspire enthusiasm and influence, motivate and persuade others to achieve desired outcomes.
o Interpret and apply organizational policies and identify and recommend changes as appropriate.
o Work under pressure on multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
o Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
o Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
o Lead and work in a remote environment.
o Handle stressful situations and provide a high level of customer service in a calm and professional manner.
o Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
o Travel and accept a flexible work schedule that may involve some evening and weekend commitments.
o Solve problems, analyze information and data, and manage projects.
o Exercise a high degree of judgment and diplomacy and maintain confidentiality.
· Commitment to advancing race(+) equity in one's work: interest in expanding knowledge about the role that racial inequity plays in our society.
· Awareness of multiple group identities and their dynamics; bring a high level of self-awareness about personal identity, empathy, and humility to interpersonal interactions.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and directly as well as hear and act on feedback related to identity and equity.
· Strong sense of accountability to diversity, equity and inclusion principles and practices.
· Understand of the impact of identity dynamics on organizational culture.
· Commitment to Planned Parenthood's In This Together service ethos, workplace values, and service standards.
We value a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.