Senior Health Center Manager - Kalamazoo - $1,500 Hiring Bonus
Kalamazoo, MI /
TITLE: Senior Health Center Manager
LOCATION: Kalamazoo Planned Parenthood Health Center
REPORTS TO: Director of Patient Care Operations
PAY RATE: $65,000 per year
HIRING BONUS: $1,500
SCHEDULE: 37.5 hours per week - Monday through Friday
POSITION PURPOSE: The purpose of this role is to manage the day-to-day operations of the health center, and to work in close partnership with a clinician to provide high quality, inclusive, patient-centered care. This leader will fully embody a commitment to race equity; evidenced in all interactions with PPMI colleagues, external stakeholders and in their supervision of staff.
Does this sound like you?
◉ A strong commitment to Planned Parenthood’s mission and values
◉ The ability to demonstrate respect, relate to, and care for diverse populations and communities
◉ Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and directly as well as hear and act on feedback related to identity and equity
◉ Commitment to employee and patient engagement
If you love the idea of making an impact on your community with a strong mission-oriented organization, we want to hear from you! You will be an integral part of our culture which fosters a commitment to our workplace values: respect, caring, support, teamwork, collaboration, accountability and responsibility.
◉ Supervisory experience in a healthcare setting.
◉ Demonstrated ability to achieve successful health center outcomes in a shared-leadership setting.
◉ Knowledge of appropriate medical record documentation and understanding of CPT and ICD-10 coding as part of the clinical revenue cycle.
◉ Demonstrated ability to achieve objectives through collaboration
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD/ Life and ADD, FSA, Generous PTO program and free healthcare at PPMI clinics for you and your immediate family!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Demonstrates a commitment to race equity. Maintains current knowledge of PPMI’s work toward enhanced race equity standards, is held accountable to them and holds their team members accountable.
· Manages and mentors a culturally diverse team; creates and sustains an organizational culture that fosters inclusiveness and equity.
· Actively participates as a member of PPMI’s Leadership Team.
· Leads team members using a performance support process that includes goal setting, routine feedback, and ongoing development.
· Empowers staff to deliver assigned responsibilities and manage their functions.
· Provides regular development feedback to team and accountability related to practices including, but not limited to, equity.
· Continuously maintains professional growth and learning by attending conferences, seminars, etc.
· Establishes and maintains a respectful and inclusive health center environment, cultivating high levels of employee engagement and patient satisfaction.
· Holds all health center staff accountable to workplace values and service standards.
· Oversees all daily activities within the health center.
· In partnership with Clinicians, Quality, Risk & Compliance and Learning & Development teams, plans and oversees the implementation of all necessary standardized new hire and ongoing training specific to the Medical Assistant role including front and back duties, hard skills and patient education.
· Monitors staff performance and identifies staff training needs; appropriately delegates training and performance observations to Assistant Health Center Manager.
· Manages health center to meet or exceed all productivity goals including revenue, net income, patient visit, and quality goals.
· Ensures compliance with PPMI personnel policies and procedures, Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) protocol, and legal and regulatory compliance including CLIA where applicable. Reviews new and existing policies and procedures with all health center staff regularly.
· Implements and ensures compliance with all Planned Parenthood and regulatory policies, practices, procedures, and standings in health center operations.
· Ensures that daily administrative procedures are completed correctly, including insurance billing, encounter for auditing, cash handling, and daily deposits.
· Manages patient complaints or sensitive patient situations in a manner aligned with PPMI's In This Together values.
· Reviews critical indicators on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis, spotting trends, and planning interventions as needed.
· Ensures that medical equipment is in good working order and that the physical space is clean, safe, and inviting.
· Regularly conducts patient flow analyses, financial and service audits, and evaluates service delivery.
· Monitors and ensures health centers meet expense goals and operate within budgetary guidelines, including monitoring and managing staffing expenses.
· Monitors satisfaction surveys, manage the compilation of information, reviews findings, and makes improvements.
· Ensures effective and accurate use of the patient management and electronic health records system. Oversees on-site support for EHR system including, updates, supplemental training, workflow changes, documentation standards, best practices, troubleshooting and team engagement with available EHR support ticketing systems.
· Ensures proper fee assessments, fee collection, and utilization of insurance to maximize revenue.
· Maintains adequate inventory of supplies intending to minimize inventory variance.
· Participate in clinical research conducted by the affiliate if called upon.
· Conduct OSHA Safety, Emergency, and all other in-service and routine training as needed.
· Maintain current referrals resources for non-PPMI services within the community.
Planned Parenthood of Michigan has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy requiring COVID-19 vaccinations including boosters when eligible for all employees.
We value a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.