Senior Health Center Manager - Full Time - Detroit
Detroit, MI /
Stand With Us! Work With Us!
Planned Parenthood of Michigan offers comprehensive reproductive healthcare services. We are here to educate and care for healthy communities. We believe the needs of our community are greater than they’ve ever been. And that drives us to work harder, aim higher, and expect more from one another. Here, you'll be empowered to make an immediate impact for our organization and clients.
Job Summary: Under limited direction from a senior level manager, uses specialized knowledge in health care administration and skills obtained through experience or specialized training to manage the administrative and operational activities of multiple health centers in support of the “Care, No Matter What” mission. Direct activities, manages patient flow, and ensures a high level of care in order to provide quality healthcare services, maximize productivity, and optimize customer service.
*Must meet educational requirements and have verifiable experience in health care management including staff leadership**
Please include a cover letter what explains how you and your work are connected to the mission of Planned Parenthood and how your previous work or educational experiences connect to the reproductive justice, advocacy, and activism work of Planned Parenthood. Also include salary expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, assigns, monitors and manages the work of others.
- Reviews performance and evaluates results achieved by subordinates.
- Coaches and mentors subordinates.
- Interprets, applies and recommends changes to organizational policies and procedures.
- Reviews progress of assignments with senior management.
- Balances conflicting resource and priority demands.
- Manages services provided in one or more health centers including: routine family planning services, colposcopy, vasectomy, prenatal, LEEP, medication abortion services, surgical abortion services, and oversight of a formal residency program
- Ensures that medications are controlled per Planned Parenthood of Michigan (PPMI) protocol and/or state pharmacy laws
- Ensures clinical and educational services are provided to patients.
- Provides test results to patients as a physician designee.
- Creates and maintains patient schedules and ensures clinic ability to meet patient needs, maximize productivity, and provide a high level of customer service.
- Monitors and ensures accurate completion of all medical, financial and statistical records, banking, and other business related tasks as needed.
- Ensures health and safety standards are in place including cleaning and preventative maintenance of health center and equipment.
- Regularly monitors and reports quality assurance activities at clinics including conducting mandatory trainings for staff, regular routine audits, and tasks on management oversight sheet.
- Ensures compliance with PPMI personnel policies and procedures, Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) protocol, and legal and regulatory compliance including CLIA when applicable.
- Regularly conducts patient flow analyses, financial and service audits, and evaluates service delivery.
- Monitors and ensures health centers meet expense goals and operate within budgetary guidelines including monitoring and managing staffing expenses.
- Monitors satisfaction surveys, manages compilation of information, reviews findings and makes improvements.
- Ensures effective and accurate use of the patient management and electronic health records system.
- Ensures proper fee assessments, fee collection, and utilization of insurance to maximize revenue.
- Maintains adequate inventory of supplies with an eye toward minimizing inventory variance.
- Participate in clinical research conducted by affiliate if called upon
- Conduct OSHA Safety, Emergency and all other in-service and routine training as needed.
- Maintain current referrals resources for non-PPMI services within the community.
- Maintains currency in effective and efficient health center operations techniques and health center services.
- Operates standard office equipment and uses required software applications.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of:
- Appropriate medical record documentation and understanding of CPT and ICD-10 coding as part of the clinical revenue cycle.
- Advanced concepts, practices and procedures of medical terminology and medical record documentation.
- Advanced concepts, practices and procedures used in a medical office environment.
- Skill in:
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications including Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of medical records management systems a plus.
- Ability to:
- Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
- Facilitate meetings, ensuring that all viewpoints, ideas and problems are addressed.
- Incorporate needs, wants and goals from different business unit perspectives into effective health center operations.
- Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
- Gather information, identify linkages and trends and apply findings to assignments.
- Incite enthusiasm and influence, motivate and persuade others to achieve desired outcomes.
- Interpret and apply policies and identify and recommend changes as appropriate.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Read and comprehend patient’s level of understanding of information being provided and make appropriate adjustments to method of delivery if needed.
- Deliver test results and educational materials in an objective, medically factual, empathetic and compassionate manner.
- Work under pressure on multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Identify actions, behaviors, or responses that may indicate a patient is being coerced.
- Provide a high level of customer service and handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor’s Degree
- Required Disciplines: Health Care Administration or a related field
- At least three years of supervisory experience in a health care setting. Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
We value a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.