Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner (Full-Time)
Medical Services /
The PPMT Team seeks collaborative, solutions-oriented, and dedicated individuals ready to work as a team to deliver high-quality healthcare, education, and advocacy to the community, so they feel engaged, educated, and empowered to make the best choices regarding their healthcare.
For 50+ years, PPMT’s healthcare centers have offered compassionate and high-quality healthcare, advocacy, and education to all Montanans. And over that time our healthcare centers have evolved to a hub of empowerment, community engagement, and patient advocacy.
PPMT Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioners are advocates who implement our mission to “empower all people to make private reproductive health care decisions by providing quality health care, medically accurate education, and advocacy for individual rights.”
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
HOURS: 40 Hours
PAY: $46-50, rates are based on experience and credentialing
BENEFITS: Health Insurance, Savings and Spending Accounts all start the 1st month from the hire date; Retirement Plan with 3% employer match of gross pay when the employee contributes 6% starting on 1st paycheck; Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
There are options for free courses or a stipend of $1,200 annually for CME
STUDENT LOAN REPAYMENT OPPORTUNITIES with Application Submission & Approval
For 2022-2023 Graduates, this position has a Student Loan Repayment Opportunity Application with Service Corps Program required.
Advanced Clinical Providers are advocates in implementing our mission to “empower all people to make private reproductive health care decisions by providing quality health care, medically accurate education, and advocacy for individual rights".
Under the medical supervision of the Chief Medical Director (CMO) and day-to-day supervision by the Health Care Center Manager, the Advanced Clinical Provider will function as the primary provider of medical services. The Advanced Clinical Provider will carry full responsibility for the initiation and maintenance of patients in the family planning regimen as well as provide leadership in all aspects of comprehensive clinical services.
Each Provider functions within the approved guidelines established by the CMO and as outlined in the Planned Parenthood of Montana (PPMT) Medical Standards and Guidelines (MS&Gs).
HOURS: 40 Hours
PAY: $46 - $50
BENEFITS: Health Insurance, H.S.A., F.S.A., 401k with Employer Match, Professional Development Reimbursement Program, Short / Long Term Disability, Group Life Insurance, and more!
- Licensure or certification of accredited Advanced Practice Clinician program
- Current Montana Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, or other Advanced Practice Clinician license
- Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant training and subsequent experience in reproductive healthcare.
- Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) Certificate with prescriptive authority.
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Patient Exams
- Reviews and interprets the medical, surgical, family, and social history of patients.
- Perform appropriate medical screening procedures for male and female patient examinations. This includes speculum examination, bimanual examination obtaining of materials for Sexual Transmitted Disease (STD) investigation, cytological smears (and other specimens as indicated), and other types of more specialized screening procedures as may be indicated by PPMT’s health care center medical policy.
- Examine patients for proper use of contraceptives. For female patients that includes insertion of the diaphragm, cervical cap, or presence of an intrauterine system (IUS).
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Patient Diagnostics and Treatment
- Evaluate, diagnose, and treat patients per PPMT MS&Gs.
- Prescribe all Federal Drug Administration (FDA) approved methods of birth control. This includes, but is not limited to: diaphragm and cervical cap fitting, IUS insertions and removals, Implanon insertions and removals, and dispensing contraceptive supplies and medications.
- Interpret laboratory data and order appropriate additional laboratory investigations as indicated.
- Provide patient referrals as needed.
- Refer patients with abnormal conditions or other medical problems found on the examination to the supervising physician, when not covered by standing orders.
- Prescribe and administer medication abortion per license.
- Prescribe emergency contraception.
- Interpret prepared instructions to patients and provide clarification and reinforcement of physician instructions for patients.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Education
- Provide education on all FDA-approved birth control methods to patients and handle patient questions and problems relating to these methods in a factual, unbiased manner
- Provide medically accurate education and counsel on abortion in a factual, unbiased manner
- Participate in PPMT in-service educational activities
- Carry out the group and individual teaching demonstrations as needed
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Clinical Team Effectiveness
- Participate in a team-centered approach to patient care, being cognizant of and responsive to the needs of the patients and the entire clinical team
- Understand and work together as a team member to reach PPMT productivity goals of 4 clients per hour per provider.
- Assist with training of health care center staff in health care center operations, workflow, environmental maintenance, and health education
- Participate in health care center staff meetings
- Provide on-call coverage per rotating schedule
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Clinical Operations
- Maintain and monitor the quality of patient records; ensure inclusion of all appropriate findings, recommendations, and charges.
- Identify process improvements for the overall functioning and workflow of the health care center and make suggestions to the Health Care Center Manager, Director of Clinical Excellence, and Chief Medical Officer.
- Maintain emergency response supplies and materials.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Compliance
- Ensures that all Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA), PPMT, federal, state, and any other regulatory agency medical practices and protocols are interpreted, implemented, and managed by all health care center staff.
- Ensure compliance with all Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA), National Abortion Federation (NAF), and PPMT policies and standard operating procedures. (Including but not limited to MS&Gs, customer standards, quality assurance, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), personnel, fiscal, risk management, safety, security, pharmacy, and Payment Card Industry (PCI)).
- Participate in the Quality Risk Management Program by completing occurrence reports.
- Complies with all mandatory reporting requirements.
- Patients shall not be subject to coercion in the use of any particular method of Family Planning.
- Staff may be subject to prosecution if they coerce or they try to coerce any person to undergo abortion or sterilization procedures.
- Understands and works together as a team to meet PPMT productivity goals of 4 clients per hour per provider. Productivity results for each health center will be shared by your manager and staff monthly.
- Understands the financial aspects of our business and maintains focus on cost-effectiveness and ultimately stewardship.
- Supports, cooperates with, and implements specific procedures and programs for safety and security, confidentiality, quality assurance, compliance with current laws and regulations including HIPAA and mandated reporting, and training.
- Supports and participates in:
- Common teamwork; Cooperates and works together with all co-workers.
- Uses tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations demonstrating compassion, empathy, and dignity for all.
- Follows up as appropriate with supervisor, co-workers, and patients regarding reported complaints, problems, and concerns.
- Promotes positive public image and relations of PPMT.
- Completes requirements for acceptable attendance and timeliness to work, uniform, and dress codes including personal hygiene.
- Performs other work duties as assigned.
- Creates and fosters an environment focused on excellence in customer service and patient-centered care:
- Is culturally and linguistically competent and respectful.
- Committed to delivering high-quality service.
- Understands, anticipates, and responds effectively to patient/customer and internal colleagues' needs and priorities.
- Takes action to restore patient/customer and internal colleague satisfaction.
- Collaborates with others to take action to implement long-term solutions.
As an equal opportunity employer, Planned Parenthood of Montana does not discriminate against or allow harassment of any individual based on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, reproductive health decisions, military service, other non-merit based factors, any other characteristic protected by applicable law, or retaliation.
Planned Parenthood of Montana is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity, inclusion, respect, integrity, customer focus, and innovation.