Patient Accounts / Medical Billing Associate
Administrative Staff – Patient Accounts
Planned Parenthood of Northern New England (PPNNE) is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Medical Billing/Patient Accounts Associate II. This position is full time (37.5hr/wk) based out of our Colchester, VT administrative offices. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team!
The Patient Accounts Associate II is responsible for ensuring maximum reimbursement from third party payers across Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine in accordance with local and federal regulatory requirements. Daily tasks include medical charge entry, third party payment entry, correction and resubmission of denied claims and resolving outstanding accounts receivable. This position requires adaptability and flexibility to succeed in the dynamic field of medical billing.
Candidates must possess the following to be considered -
· Demonstrated knowledge of medical billing with 1-3 year(s) experience with medical charge entry, payment entry and accounts receivable follow up in an electronic practice management system.
· Experience in working with CPT and ICD10 codes, standard insurance billing practices and medical terminology.
· Familiarity with third party payer billing guidelines.
· Ability to accurately and efficiently perform data entry tasks.
· Capability to work independently
· Demonstrates self-motivated learning.
· Skilled in thinking creatively with a high level of attention to detail.
· Experience with customer service both internally and externally with proven satisfaction.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Commitment to a team environment and willingness to participate in continuous feedback with peers and management.
Interested applicants please submit a cover letter and resume by clicking HERE or visiting our website at www.ppnne.org and apply under our JOBS section.
Planned Parenthood of Northern New England welcomes diversity & is an Equal Opportunity Employer