Patient Advocacy Program Intern Rutland Summer 2019
Internships – Internships VT
Patient Advocacy Program
Planned Parenthood Vermont Action Fund is
seeking to fill part-time, unpaid Patient Advocacy Program Internship positions (can be used for course credit) out of our Rutland Health Centers.
The intern would train under Planned Parenthood Vermont Action Fund’s senior organizing staff . This is an excellent opportunity to learn how political advocacy is performed throughout Vermont while acquiring significant communication and leadership experience.
This internship is ideal for candidates interested in women’s issues and passionate about reproductive rights and justice, or for
those pursuing a career in non-profit agencies, public policy, public affairs, government relations, and community outreach.
● Support outreach efforts including tabling
● Assist in building a volunteer program
● Patient story recruitment
● Patient story tracking and organization
● Create and implement workflows and structures
● An interest in reproductive health care, women’s issues, and politics
● Ability to apply discretion while working in health center settings
● Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Google Suite required
● Must be able to communicate to the public about PPVTAF’s mission, goals, and services
● Reliable and self-motivated
● Advanced writing skills required
● Excellent project management and organizational skills
● Flexibility, initiative, creative thinking, and a willingness to learn required
● Some night and weekend hours required
● Experience working in a team environment
Interns are required to commit to an average of 10-15 hours per week.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Hannah Brislin, Volunteer Coordinator, at Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org.