Public Affairs Communications and Digital Intern Spring 2020 Colchester, VT
Internships – Internships VT
Public Affairs Communications and Digital Intern
Planned Parenthood New Hampshire Action Fund is seeking to fill a part-time, unpaid Communications and Digital Internship (can be used for course credit) out of our Colchester, VT office. The intern would train under Planned Parenthood Vermont Action Fund’s Communications Director while learning about political and advocacy communication structures, developing digital content and maintaining website, as well as managing social media pages. This is an excellent opportunity to learn how communication structures are developed and implemented, while acquiring significant communication experience. This internship is ideal for candidates interested in women’s issues, the political process, and digital communications or for those pursuing a career in non-profit agencies, politics, public policy, public affairs, government relations, community outreach, or marketing.
● Support in website production.
● Support Education Campaign on Constitutional Amendment process.
● Assist in maintaining and managing Social Media pages.
● Support in drafting digital content for supporters and volunteers to use.
● Work on graphic design.
● Draft Letters to the Editor, Press Releases.
● Participate in digital Rapid Response as needed.
● Tracked earned media.
● Pitch story ideas.
● Promote results of legislator score cards.
● An interest in reproductive health care, women’s issues, and politics
● Passionate about movement building and digital communications
● Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Suite required
● Active on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
● Experience using Photoshop preferred, but not required
● Must be able to communicate to the public about PPVTAF’s mission, goals, and services
● Reliable and self-motivated
● Excellent project management and organizational skills
● Flexibility, initiative, creative thinking, and a willingness to learn required
● Experience working in a team environment
● Must be able to travel to PPVTAF’s Colchester office at least once a week
Interns are required to commit to an average of 10-15 hours per week.