Vice President of Patient Services
Clinical & Medical Services – Management
As a member of the management team of Planned Parenthood Northern California (PPNorCal), the Vice President of Patient Services has operational oversight, supervision, and responsibility for the Senior Regional Directors and the health center leadership team. In partnership with the SVP of Client Services, Medical Director, and the Senior Director of Clinical Practice; the VP of Patient Services is responsible for ensuring all health centers are providing efficient and high-quality patient care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure Quality Health Care
- Work as a member of the Client Services leadership team to supervise the Senior Regional Directors to ensure delivery of high-quality patient-centered care in 19 health center sites.
- Collaborate with the SVP of Client Services, Medical Director, and Senior Director of Clinical Practice to determine the need for new or expanded health center services.
- Actively monitor the health center quality and performance, using site visits and other QA auditing results.
- Oversee the health center visits and payor mix with the goal of meeting targets in patient access, staff productivity, visit number, and revenue.
- Continuously evaluate employee placement and performance to ensure the organization has the skills and experience in place for current and future operations.
- Performance Accountability
- Oversee the recruitment, orientation, and evaluation of health center staff.
- Monitor the attainment of goals and budget projections while contributing to the fiscal health of the agency through coordination with the SVP of Client Services.
- Continuously monitor staffing levels, job design, and personnel assignments to ensure the overlap of sufficient knowledge and skills – utilize cross-training and succession planning.
- Develop and administer performance management strategies, including measuring and rewarding appropriate performance standards.
- Assume responsibility for oversight of the health centers’ financial performance, utilizing data reported through analytics.
- Internal/External Collaboration
- Keep up to date on all aspects of the medical industry, specifically reproductive health, to ensure that PPNorCal is advancing its patient care and maximizing opportunities to increase quality and efficiency.
- Collaborate with the Development Department in representing PPNorCal's health center services with donors.
- Develop partnerships with other providers and institutions to best serve the PPNorCal mission.
- Cultivate and maintain strong community partnerships that directly impact PPNorCal’s ability to support health care access.
- Bachelor's degree in current healthcare management or related experience or related field with at least 7+ years of clinic/health center operations experience, including experience in a senior-level supervisory role.
- Commitment to the mission of Planned Parenthood is essential.
- Superior supervisory and management skills
- Ability to utilize data effectively to drive improvement
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, as a business imperative
- Outstanding leadership and team building skills; ability to motivate and inspire
- In-depth knowledge of the delivery of patient-centered health care
- Solid problem solving and time management skills
- Excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Clear communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with a wide scope of responsibility
Planned Parenthood Northern California generates healthier communities through the delivery of quality sexual and reproductive health care services.
We provide healthcare and education services to 136,000 adults and youth every year at 19 sites located throughout 20 Northern California counties. Planned Parenthood Northern California offers high-quality, affordable health care to all, regardless of income or insurance status. We care. No matter what!
Our experienced and caring medical staff gives each patient honest information and personal attention. We provide a full range of services including: birth control, breast exams, cancer screenings, medication and in-clinic abortion, pregnancy testing and counseling, prenatal care, PrEP and nPEP to prevent HIV infection, STD screening and treatment, vasectomy and infertility services, gender-affirming hormone therapy, and more.