Finance – Accounting
Planned Parenthood Northern California (PPNorCal) is currently seeking a Purchasing Coordinator to help organize and execute comprehensive purchasing functions throughout the affiliate in compliance with mandated requirements.
Daily activities include purchasing of medical supplies contraceptive supplies and medications, collaborate on major purchases associated with opening new health centers, supplier sourcing, supplier management, and inventory control.
Respond to a range of inquiries regarding pricing, costing information, and distribution of supplies. Implement purchasing and facilities policies, procedures, and guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute PO’s per company policy for material purchases, services contracts, facility related purchases and equipment as required
- Prepares Bid Packages and solicits proposals from suppliers, coordinating evaluation and selection with stakeholders
- Liaison between suppliers and stakeholders to obtain product specifications or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule
- Facilitate conflict resolution to determine root cause and corrective
- Maintain records for purchase orders, contracts and suppliers in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures
- Cooperate with IT resources, accounting and vendors to optimize the functionality of purchasing system and to ensure supply chain management software uptime and regular updates
- Collaborate with stakeholders on purchasing goals and KPIs.
- Collaborate with accounting staff with the monthly reconciliation of purchasing, fixed assets and inventory to the General Ledger.
- Oversee and collect data of pricing, market, differential and margin analysis, etc.
- Analyze invoices including validity and appropriate coding.
- Provide inputs for Financial forecasting/budgeting.
- Evaluate and Maintain Health Center par levels and reorder points for medications and medical supplies.
- Ensure and monitor on time deliveries of medical inventory and respective suppliers.
- Comply with appropriate policies and procedures related to purchases of goods and services; ensure compliance with pharmacy regulations and state laws relative to the purchasing function
- Provide input to commodity/supply chain strategies covering all commodities, services and supplier processes throughout enterprise to deliver maximum value, leverage, and standardization.
- Maintain measurable performance metrics for all levels of procurement activities to include but not limited to supplier performance, supplier quality, internal order placement performance, buyer activity levels, and material shortage elimination
- Aid in minimizing the total operational cost to the company of those products and services under scope of responsibility
- Report to Purchasing Manager the measurable status of progress and corrective actions as it pertains to supplier performance.
- Provide/update related training material to health center staffs on Inventory Management system.
- Evaluate and establish centralized distribution location to minimize the impact of medication shortage and to prevent waste usage as applicable.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Management, Supply Chain Management or related field and /or related experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of purchasing experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, project management, supply chain management concepts to include pricing, purchasing, accounts payable, par levels, inventory valuation, order automation, mathematical reporting and analyzing, etc.
- Supply chain management system implementation experience preferred.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES, QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with Excel, Word and Access.
- Ability to define and make recommendations to resolve problems within the job scope.
- Ability to handle varied tasks simultaneously and work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate mature judgment, initiative and to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work with accuracy.
- Strong commitment to quality healthcare and excellent customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communications and negotiation skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, problem solving, decision making and critical thinking.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work with diverse groups.
- Professional demeanor at all times.
- Availability to work flexible hours.
- This position requires an employee to have a valid CA driver’s license, a reliable means of transportation, and to carry current auto insurance in compliance with the minimum requirements of the California Vehicle Code.
Planned Parenthood Northern California generates healthier communities through the delivery of quality sexual and reproductive health care services.
We provide healthcare and education services to 136,000 adults and youth every year at 19 sites located throughout 20 Northern California counties. Planned Parenthood Northern California offers high-quality, affordable health care to all, regardless of income or insurance status. We care. No matter what!
Our experienced and caring medical staff gives each patient honest information and personal attention. We provide a full range of services including: birth control, breast exams, cancer screenings, medication and in-clinic abortion, pregnancy testing and counseling, prenatal care, PrEP and nPEP to prevent HIV infection, STD screening and treatment, vasectomy and infertility services, gender-affirming hormone therapy, and more.