Reproductive Health Specialist II-III, San Francisco
San Francisco, CA
Clinical & Medical Services – Reproductive Health Specialists (RHS)
Planned Parenthood Northern California is seeking a Full-Time Reproductive Health Specialist, to serve our patients at the San Francisco health center.
The Reproductive Health Specialist will function as part of the multidisciplinary team to provide sexual and reproductive health care services.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN?
- We believe everyone counts and provide care without judgment.
- We are committed to a diverse and inclusive environment and proudly embrace the reproductive justice movement.
- We practice evidence-based medicine while maintaining responsible business practices, to ensure that we will always be here for our patients.
- We remind each other why we are here. Together, our mission and purpose is our driving force to care for people and be of service.
- 100% employer-paid base medical plans for single coverage (30+ hours); many other benefits available including dental, vision, life, AD&D, LTD, and FSAs
- Generous 403(b) matching contribution
- Paid Time Off accrual effective immediately
- Eight paid holidays per year; plus an additional floating holiday
- Certified Medical Assistants Incentive Program
o Cost reimbursement for exam fee ($145) plus the cost of user guide and sample quizzes ($185)
o Up to ($170) towards continuing education or ($170) to retake the exam for recertification
o $100 Bonus once certification in received
- Hands on in house training and on-boarding program that supports MA certification:
- Direct access and interaction with licensed providers throughout training and employment
- Assist in specialty clinics such as –
- Gain experience in advanced areas such as –
- Additional exclusive advanced RHS skills training offered to our tenured staff members twice a year, covering the most updated services and changes
- Continued opportunities for growth within the health center and into other departments
- Be part of a team that helps support services that make a life-changing difference for our patients
o Front Office/Back office
o Pregnancy options
o Abortion Services (surgical & medical)
o Vasectomy counseling
o Surgical Abortion
o Learn injections
o Finger Sticks
o Clean/Dirty technique
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Assist health center team and Clinicians in providing reproductive health services, including but not limited to contraceptive care, medication abortion, and abortion complications, STD screening and treatment, transgender care, prenatal care, gynecologic conditions, male health, breast care, well person visits, menopause management, basic infertility services, and HIV testing, education and counseling.
- Work closely with a team of other RHSs, Advanced Practice Clinicians to deliver patient-centered, accurate, high quality care.
- Support efficient flow of patient-centered care by cross-training/participating in wide range of duties including – reception duties, medical assisting, vitals collection, injection and phlebotomy, history taking, providing education, billing and revenue cycle support, laboratory support, edictal records documentation, and providing referrals.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working in a health care setting preferred.
- Knowledge of medical assistant practices and reproductive health preferred.
- Excellent customer service, problem solving, judgment, organizational and communication skills.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish highly desired.
- Strong Commitment to quality healthcare.
Planned Parenthood Northern California generates healthier communities through the delivery of quality sexual and reproductive health care services.
We provide healthcare and education services to 136,000 adults and youth every year at 19 sites located throughout 20 Northern California counties. Planned Parenthood Northern California offers high-quality, affordable health care to all, regardless of income or insurance status. We care. No matter what!
Our experienced and caring medical staff gives each patient honest information and personal attention. We provide a full range of services including: birth control, breast exams, cancer screenings, medication and in-clinic abortion, pregnancy testing and counseling, prenatal care, PrEP and nPEP to prevent HIV infection, STD screening and treatment, vasectomy and infertility services, gender-affirming hormone therapy, and more.