Registered Nurse, Eureka
Clinical & Medical Services – Registered Nurses
Planned Parenthood Northern California is seeking a Part-Time (24 hours per week) Registered Nurse to serve our clients at our Eureka Health Center.
The nurse will function as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide patient care in the assigned health center's surgical abortion program under the supervision of the Nurse Manager.
WHY JOIN PLANNED PARENTHOOD NORTHERN CALIFORNIA?
- We believe everyone counts and provide care without judgment.
- We are committed to a diverse and inclusive environment and proudly embrace the reproductive justice movement.
- We practice evidence-based medicine while maintaining responsible business practices, to ensure that we will always be here for our patients.
- We remind each other why we are here. Together, our mission and purpose is our driving force to care for people and be of service.
- 100% employer-paid base medical plans for single coverage (30+ hours); many other benefits available including dental, vision, life, AD&D, LTD, and FSAs
- Generous 403(b) matching contribution
- Paid Time Off accrual effective immediately
- Eight paid holidays per year; plus an additional floating holiday
- Detailed Onboarding and Training Program:
- Direct access to Nurse Manager and Medical Services leadership throughout training and employment
- Affiliate-wide nurse meetings providing ongoing education, professional development, and peer support
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Employer
o Extensive training program customized to the needs and experiences of each nurse involving peer to peer training, proctoring, and direct supervision by the nurse manager
o Become a valuable advocate and specialist in women’s health and abortion care
o Gain background and experience encompassing all methods of contraception and STI screening, treatment, and prevention.
- Current California RN or LVN license.
- Current ACLS certificate.
- Experience in reproductive health care preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Reliable automobile transportation and a valid CA Driver's License and insurance preferred.
- Provide pre-, peri- and post-operative surgical abortion care including emergency management
- Create a warm environment for recovery room patients
- Educate and counsel patients in birth control options; prescribe contraceptives (RN only)
- Assure complete and accurate medical charting
- Work closely with non-licensed staff and multidisciplinary team to deliver the highest quality care
Planned Parenthood Northern California generates healthier communities through the delivery of quality sexual and reproductive health care services.
We provide healthcare and education services to 136,000 adults and youth every year at 19 sites located throughout 20 Northern California counties. Planned Parenthood Northern California offers high-quality, affordable health care to all, regardless of income or insurance status. We care. No matter what!
Our experienced and caring medical staff gives each patient honest information and personal attention. We provide a full range of services including: birth control, breast exams, cancer screenings, medication and in-clinic abortion, pregnancy testing and counseling, prenatal care, PrEP and nPEP to prevent HIV infection, STD screening and treatment, vasectomy and infertility services, gender-affirming hormone therapy, and more.