Fundraising – Fundraising
Planned Parenthood Northern California (PPNorCal) is currently seeking a Grants Manager who is responsible for implementing a comprehensive strategy for the advancement of PPNorCal’s institutional giving program, in collaboration with VP Development.
This includes, but is not limited to, identifying and researching foundation and corporate funding prospects, developing or overseeing relationships with foundation staff, writing proposals, managing all necessary budgets and attachments, and preparing and submitting all necessary reports to funding agencies.
The Grants Manager ensures accurate tracking systems for reports and proposals due, and provides regular reports and updates to the Vice President of Development and other senior staff.
The position works closely with the development team and program staff. Additional duties include contributing to Planned Parenthood’s newsletters, annual report, and providing copy for fundraising materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with VP Development to create and evaluate funding plan.
- Maintain healthy prospect pipeline by conducting research and identifying new funding opportunities from foundations, corporations, government funding programs, and other potential funding sources.
- Prepare and submit letters of intent, proposals, reports, correspondence, and other fundraising-related materials such as brochures, annual reports and newsletters
- Oversee preparation of briefing documents for senior staff and volunteer solicitors.
- Work closely with program staff on the development of new proposals and reports, including writing narrative and creating budgets.
- Work with finance staff to ensure high level of communication and accurate reporting on individual project budgets.
- Maintain a thorough calendar of due dates related to collecting data from program directors for applications and reports.
- Provide appropriate stewardship to funding agencies.
- Oversee tracking system for monitoring grants received proposals and reports pending, and new-prospect development.
- Attend informational meetings as required by funders and potential funders.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES, QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of three years’ successful, results-oriented experience in research and proposal writing, preferably for a healthcare organization, or equivalent.
- Superior writing and editing skills.
- Ability to communicate well with staff, volunteers, and foundation program officers.
- Ability to work with program staff to develop an idea into a concrete proposal for funding, including a clear statement of need, program goals and outcomes, evaluation methods, and budgets.
- Demonstrated competency in developing complex charts and figures.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and tight deadlines with professionalism and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Good humor and a willingness to deal with and be challenged by controversy.
- Strong commitment to excellent customer service.
- Commitment to quality healthcare.
Planned Parenthood Northern California generates healthier communities through the delivery of quality sexual and reproductive health care services.
We provide healthcare and education services to 136,000 adults and youth every year at 19 sites located throughout 20 Northern California counties. Planned Parenthood Northern California offers high-quality, affordable health care to all, regardless of income or insurance status. We care. No matter what!
Our experienced and caring medical staff gives each patient honest information and personal attention. We provide a full range of services including: birth control, breast exams, cancer screenings, medication and in-clinic abortion, pregnancy testing and counseling, prenatal care, PrEP and nPEP to prevent HIV infection, STD screening and treatment, vasectomy and infertility services, gender-affirming hormone therapy, and more.