Clinician (NP, PA, CNM) * 15k sign on/retention bonus
Pasadena, CA /
Patient Services – Pasadena Health Center /
Seeking a rewarding career in Health Care with career ladders available? Look no further, Planned Parenthood Pasadena and San Gabriel Valley is seeking a full-time float Clinician (Bilingual Spanish or Mandarin a plus!) to cover our health centers in Pasadena.
For nearly 100 years, Planned Parenthood has promoted a comprehensive approach to women’s health and well-being, based on respect for individual’s right to make informed, independent decisions about health, sex and family planning.
The Clinician is responsible for providing quality reproductive healthcare services including exams, diagnosis, treatment, education, and counseling for clients in accordance with PPPSGV protocols and to serve as a medical resource for other licensed and non-licensed staff.
- California Clinician License
- Nurse Practitioner, preferably with specialty in women's health care, Certified Nurse Midwife, or Physician's Assistant
- Must have women's health care experience
- Primary Care (Adult Family Medicine) experience a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Comply at all times with PPPSGV Medical Protocols.
- Participate in health center efforts to achieve established goals for productivity and quality metrics.
- Adhere to affiliate policies on professionalism, wait time in-center and on the phone, and the system for addressing client complaints.
- Participate in health center/affiliate efforts to achieve established revenue cycle goals.
- Ensure compliance with established Agency quality and productivity metrics including visits per hour and RVUs per hour.
- Act as a medical resource in the center.
- Assess, diagnose, and treat clients’ reproductive health issues appropriately and only when covered by PPPSGV medical protocols (unless Physician consult sought).
- Reproductive health issues include but are not limited to vaginal and urinary tract infections, STI’s (including HIV), breast pathology, contraception side effects, pelvic pain, and abnormal uterine bleeding.
- Perform examinations for initial and returning family planning clients including pap/gyn, STI, breast, contraception, and post-abortion exams.
- Insert and remove IUC’s and contraceptive implants when trained and utilized to do so.
- Perform genital examinations, screen and treat STIs in male clients.
- Perform microscopic studies vaginal discharge as needed.
- Counsel, examine and treat mid-life/menopausal clients.
- Administer DMPA injections.
- Perform venipuncture for RPR, HIV, and other blood work as needed.
- Perform examinations for initial and returning family planning clients.
- Prescribe all FDA approved birth control methods including emergency contraception.
- Dispense medications and label drugs as required.
- Provide transgender hormone therapy to trans and non-binary patients.
- Counsel and educate clients on all reproductive health issues, services, and programs offered by the Agency.
- Work directly on Electronic Medical Record system for the electronic management of client information including but not limited to: client tracking, coding, charting, logs, etc.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the Agency’s Medical Record system.
- Responsible for the accuracy of client information entered into the Agency’s Electronic Medical Record system.
- In collaboration with Center Manager, prepare occurrence and incident reports submit through agency AIMS system.
- Provide orientation and training to licensed staff.
- Provide input to agenda items for staff meetings.
- Participate in research projects as requested.
- Follow up on abnormal lab results and outside referrals in compliance with medical protocols and as requested by Care Team staff.
- To support risk and quality management by proactively communicating identified risks to supervisor in order to minimize risk when possible.
- Comply with PPPSGVs Code of Conduct and maintain the highest level of professional and ethical standards and to act in compliance with both the letter and spirit of all applicable laws and regulations.
- Act as a resource and consultant for nursing staff as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competitive compensation and generous benefits include:
· Medical, dental, and vision options for you and eligible dependents
· Free basic life/AD & D policy with additional coverage options
· 401 (k) plan with employer match after one year
· Flexible Spending account
· Optional AFLAC coverage
· Generous vacation and paid holiday benefits
· Free medical services for employees
· Employee Assistance Program
· Free parking
· Free uniform and laundry service
· Monthly office celebrations
· Holiday celebrations
· Covid differential
· Language differential opportunities