Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Administration – Finance / Accounting
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
About Planned Parenthood Pasadena and San Gabriel Valley
Founded in 1933 by Pasadena residents dedicated to women's health, PPPSGV is not only among the oldest Planned Parenthood affiliates—we're also one of the fastest growing. Today, we see 60,000 patient visits per year and deliver over 11,000 opportunities for sex and relationship education in our schools and colleges. Our service area includes 24 communities in Northeast Los Angeles and San Gabriel Valley, from Glendale to Glendora and from the I-10 freeway to the San Gabriel Mountains. As the area's most trusted provider of sexual and reproductive health care, we provide a broad range of healthcare services including contraception, cancer screenings, abortion care, STI testing and treatment, HIV prevention medications and transgender care.
Our team of 130 is highly engaged, passionate about our mission and hungry to learn and grow. Over the next 2-3 years we will be growing to over 200 employees, expanding our education programs, rolling out new healthcare services, and opening new health centers in order to serve more people and communities across our service area. People are our #1 asset and we are shifting our culture to that of a talent-driven organization. We are also investing in our leadership to support our growth and dynamic change by providing all of our directors and leadership team members with executive coaching services.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) serving the Pasadena and San Gabriel Valley affiliate will have responsibilities in budgeting, cost analysis, cost management and revenue forecasting. This strategic role requires oversight of staff, collaborating well with peers and colleagues within the organization, and requires a strong level of strategic decision-making ability. The winning candidate should demonstrate a high level of emotional intelligence and high standards of execution along with contemporary approaches to leading teams that are adept at handling controversy and conflict. Candidates should also prove effectiveness in remaining calm under pressure internally, while demonstrating diplomatic interface with members of the public when challenged by those who may disagree with the mission, vision, and values of Planned Parenthood.
The candidate should have a grasp of the changing healthcare environment, sensitivity to the interface of political impacts on the business, scalable systems deployment when necessary, billing and payroll, compliance, labor laws, retirement plan administration, and the integration and growth of new services, including mental health services. Candidates should prove effectiveness working in partnership with a well-coordinated leadership team to support emerging business strategies. Previous experience should include real estate expansions, working with purchasing, leasing, and property management in general, as well as handling organizational growth and the financial impacts of expanding services, staff, and premises.
Planned Parenthood Pasadena and San Gabriel Valley is seeking an experienced, full time financial executive with a strong background in healthcare.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree preferred
- CPA certification strongly preferred
- Minimum 10-years’ experience managing financial systems in health care and/or non-profit settings
- 5 – 7 years demonstrated leadership at the senior management level
- Demonstrated experience as a business partner understanding the changing healthcare environment and working in partnership to support emerging business strategies
- Experience in budgeting, cost analysis, cost management and revenue forecasting
- Experience supervising staff with respect and diplomacy, while acting as part of a strategic decision-making team
- Experience preparing, reviewing, understanding, analyzing and executing details of contracts
- Demonstrated success managing revenue, effectively planning, and maintaining effective systems of internal control
- Experience in 3rd party reimbursement mechanisms
- Proficiency with electronic practice management and electronic health records preferred, including ability to run reports and extract data from analysis
- Strong software proficiency in MS Excel, Outlook and financial database software required
Competitive Compensation & Generous Benefits
- Medical, dental, and vision options for you and eligible dependents
- Free basic life/AD & D policy with additional coverage options
- 401 (k) plan with employer match after one year
- Flexible Spending account
- Optional AFLAC coverage
- Generous vacation and paid holiday benefits
- Free medical services for employees
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
- Monthly office celebrations
- Holiday celebrations
- Language differential opportunities
- Pet friendly work environment