Vice President of Development
Altadena, CA /
Administration – Development /
As the Vice President of Development you will be responsible for the development and implementation of the overall fundraising strategy to enhance the sustainability and expansion of Planned Parenthood Pasadena & San Gabriel Valley’s programs and services.
This exciting opportunity will organize, staff, and direct all donor relations and development activities for Planned Parenthood Pasadena & San Gabriel Valley (a 501(c) (3) organization) and Planned Parenthood Advocates Pasadena & San Gabriel Valley (a 501(c)(4) organization). You will also be responsible for the coordination and administration of Principal Gifts, Board Committees, and Capital Campaigns with an annual department fundraising goal of $2,360,000.
In addition, you will directly oversee the Director of Institutional Giving, Director of Development, and the Major Gift Officer(s).
The ideal candidate will have outstanding interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, strong time management, project oversight, and presentation skills. If you are highly self-motivated, driven by our mission, and able to build strong, collaborative relationships with donors, patients and staff, apply now!
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Provide direct leadership to the Vice President of Institutional Giving (private and corporation foundations, state and federal grants), the Director of Development, and the Major Gifts Officer(s).
- Serve as the primary donor relationship manager of the Principal Gifts Program, with a prospect portfolio of 50 individuals of $25,000 and greater perceived giving capacity and an annual fundraising goal of $350,000.
- Oversee a performance-based portfolio management process to guide the Principal and Major Gifts programs to maximize effectiveness and performance.
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate development department staff members.
- Create and present reports to the board, funders, and other groups as appropriate.
- Define and meet department fiscal and strategic goals and assure that the department operates within budgeted guidelines.
- Provide financial analysis and reporting for the Development Department, President/CEO, Board of Directors, and funders.
- Work effectively with the President/CEO and Board of Directors, providing relevant information for their decision-making in board, committee, and task force settings.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of demonstrated high-level leadership success developing and implementing comprehensive development programs including major gifts portfolio management.
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, and high-level proficiency in the use of standard information technologies including Microsoft software, Sales Force (or similar database management tool) and Internet research.
- Previous experience in a diverse, complex, multi-site organization. Preference in healthcare, not-for-profit, or social justice organization.
- CFRE and/or other fundraising certification.