Ultrasound Technician/Sonographer - Albuquerque, NM
Albuquerque, NM /
Medical Services – Ultrasound Technicians /
POSITION: Ultrasound Technician
RESPONSIBLE TO: Health Center Manager
SCHEDULE: Full-Time (~ 37.5 hours a week)
PAY RANGE: $31.32 - $35.50 / Hour
THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION FOR A DURATION OF 6 MONTHS.
SUMMARY: The Ultrasound Technician performs basic ultrasound abortion studies with an abdominal and/or vaginal approach as needed for services provided by PPRM. Sonography is limited to basic gynecologic/obstetric ultrasound, with the majority of scans performed for the purpose of gestational dating.
This benefits-eligible position is non-exempt.
· Strong relationship-building and communication skills, including an ability to work and build trust across cultural differences.
· Ability to learn and enhance practices related to racial equity and its impact on health care systems.
· Ability to provide compassionate, nonjudgmental and culturally responsive care and demonstrates accountability to patient experience
- Licensed as an Ultrasound Technician in New Mexico.
- Preferred – Experience in sexual and reproductive health care organizations with knowledge of abortion care.
- Preferred – Sonography certification from American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS), Cardiac Credentialing International (CCI), or American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
- Excellent patient service
- Ability to remain focused and calm in stressful situations
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective, professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience and fluency with Nextgen or other electronic health record systems required.
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Outstanding time management skills, including the ability to work under deadline
- The ability to produce high quality work in a fast-paced environment with changing and/or competing priorities
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and independent decision-making skills
- Ability to produce reliable, high quality work with minimal direct supervision
- Ability to exercise discretion in the handling of confidential information
- Ability to demonstrate and document evidence-based clinical judgment
- Comfort making data-driven decisions
- Well-developed problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs abdominal and vaginal ultrasound scans to estimate gestational age in accordance with PPRM policies.
- Perform gynecologic ultrasound, evaluating pelvic structures and identifying possible pathology.
- Collect and document basic medical and demographic information into the Electronic Health Record.
- Perform ultrasound guidance during abortion procedures.
- Provides medical providers with follow-up sonograms, as needed for services provided by PPRM.
- Prepares and signs ultrasound report with accompanying photograph for medical records.
- Trains PPRM employees to perform basic gynecological/obstetrical ultrasound in partnership with the affiliate Ultrasound and Abortion Care Manager.
- Orders supplies as needed and keeps room stocked.
- Accepts individual and joint responsibility for and participates in health care center efforts to comply with all organizational and quality assurance guidelines, and all applicable government regulations.
- Accepts individual and joint responsibility for and participates in overall health center efforts to achieve all goals set to improve customer experience and increase customer satisfaction.
- Understands and commits to modeling excellent customer service in all aspects of health care delivery.
- Responsible for overall health center efforts to achieve goals and policies on efficiency and wait time in the health center/on the phone.
- Delivers patients-centered health care.
- Completes all responsibilities according to established protocols, policies and standard practices in the areas of ADA and regulatory compliance programs such as HIPAA OSHA, and CLIA.
- Participates in abortion services (participation can include referrals, information, education, counseling, performing, scheduling, etc.) and actively works to address and reduce abortion stigma.
- Other duties as assigned.
Benefits at PPRM include:
A predictable schedule and dedicated individualized paid training
401K/Safe Harbor Contributions (We contribute to your 401K after an allotted period of time)
Medical/Vision/Dental, with extended mental health coverage
Employee Loan Program
Employee Assistance Program and WorkLife Partnership
PPRM Internal Benefits Program
Paid Family Leave/Paid Parental Leave
PTO and Sick Time
Float Holidays (You pick your holidays)
COVID-19 Vaccine: PPRM requires that all employees are fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. An employee is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the second dose of a two-dose vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) or one dose of a single- dose vaccination (Johnson and Johnson/Janssen). Proof must be uploaded upon starting. You will upload a picture or pdf of your vaccination card(s) on your first day of orientation.
Flu Protocol: All employees working directly with patients or working in a health center will be required to have the flu shot or wear a mask during patient contact or while in the health center from October 1 – April 30 each year (Flu Season). The flu shot will be available to health center employees in the health center in addition to being able to seek the flu vaccine externally through the medical plan or reimbursement.
Background Check Required
Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity, equity, inclusion, respect, integrity, customer focus, and innovation. We are committed to creating a welcoming space for all people on our staff, in our health centers, and in our community. We do this by tending to the team, respecting and honoring all people, jumping in, trying and learning, caring for our business, and returning to our mission. Learn More