Education Program Specialist - Bilingual Spanish Speaker Needed
Education – CO Education /
Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity, equity, inclusion, respect, integrity, customer focus, and innovation. We are committed to creating a welcoming space for people of all genders on our staff, in our health centers, and in our community. We do this by tending to the team, respecting and honoring all people, jumping in, trying and learning, caring for our business, and returning to our mission.
Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains, which includes health centers in Colorado, Southern Nevada, New Mexico, and Wyoming has been helping individuals make responsible choices for over 100 years. Since 1916, we have been committed to delivering the highest quality reproductive health care, teaching responsible and age-appropriate sexuality education and have been working diligently to protect a person's right to reproductive choice. Each year more than 100,000 people visit our health centers throughout our four state region.
SUMMARY: The role of the Program Specialist is to provide sexual health education to the community and/or specified target populations. This is an hourly, non-exempt position.
SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday, typically 9am to 5pm with some evenings and weekends required.
SALARY: $18.60 to $21.60 an hour - dependent on degree/s, credentials, and relevant/partially relevant experience.
Must be a bilingual Spanish speaker
AD, BS/BA degree or equivalent experience required.
High comfort level in discussing sexuality issues.
Strong organizational and communication skills.
Knowledge of sexual health preferred.
Reliable transportation and valid driver's license required.
- Teach sexual health curricula presentations and lesson plans to targeted audiences.
- Provide specialized outreach and education to target populations.
- Guide clients in the identification of and connection to appropriate community resources.
- Maintain and promote program goals and objectives.
- Collect and monitor program data for tracking and monthly reporting.
- Assist in the development of new material and innovative strategies to improve educational programs.
- Administer intakes, assessments and exit interview to program participants.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with outside organizations in an effort to develop opportunities for PPRM educational programs.
- Represent PPRM and promote its mission and services to the community.
- In collaboration with the Program Manager, market the program to community agencies, schools and program participants
- Assist in program development and evaluation.
- In collaboration with the Program Manager score and analyze education program data.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participates in abortion services (participation can include referrals, information, education, counseling, performing, scheduling, etc.)
Background Check Required
Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.