Virtual Care Center Registered Nurse (RN)
Denver, CO /
Medical Services – Virtual Care Center /
POSITION: Virtual Care Center Registered Nurse
RESPONSIBLE TO: Virtual Care Center Assistant Manager of Telehealth
SCHEDULE: Full Time 37.5 Hours/Week
( Mon-Fri 8a/10a - 4p/5p/6p with rotation Saturday 8a-3p )
Remote: 80%, Onsite: 20%
Full Position Salary Range: $ 32.89 / hour - $ 41.67 / hour
Starting Pay: Although our full pay range is included above, the budgeted hiring range for this position is $ 32.89 / hour - $ 37.28 / hour
Hourly, Non- Exempt
Much of your time will be spent on the computer in a virtual environment providing daily expert care to patients receiving abortion, family planning, and gender-affirming care. You will make outbound and take inbound calls from patients to address their follow-up plans or concerns. Much of your time will be spent using Electronic Health Records, documenting patient interactions, and running reports. Some of your time will be spent interacting with team members and collaborating with other departments. You may work from home or the office. You may be required to be in the office occasionally for administrative duties, training, or team building.
•Must have an unencumbered RN license and be licensed, or have the ability to be licensed, in all states that PPRM operates in (CO, NM, NV).
•Must have excellent customer service, communication, typing, and organizational skills Knowledge of PPRM’s Medical Standards and Guidelines preferred.
•Knowledge of reproductive health care preferred.
•Knowledge of abortion care preferred.
•Experience working with sensitive patient information required.
•Experience delivering sensitive information or results to patients required.
•Strong computer skills and ability to navigate all Microsoft Suite applications required.
•Experience with NextGen or other electronic health records systems is preferred.
•Ability to perform multiple tasks at once and work in a fast-paced environment.
•Spanish speaking preferred.
Please complete this Pre-Hire RN Skills Self-Assessment along with this application.
Key Approaches to the Work:
Strong attention to Detail
Equity and Inclusion Champion
- Adhere to procedures and requirements regarding the notification and follow-up of normal and abnormal lab results as outlined in PPRM Medical Standards and Guidelines.
- Learn and stay current on all relevant protocol requirements.
- Coordinate, log, and sort incoming abnormal lab results and consult with clinician regarding plans as needed.
- Initiate telephone and written correspondence to patients regarding results and treatment plans.
- Effectively and accurately communicate abnormal laboratory results to patients and explain the treatment plan.
- Determines and documents appropriate plans of care for all incoming lab results, both normal and abnormal.
- Acts as support for routine abortion follow-up care and assists the Ultrasound and Abortion Care Manager in other abortion follow-up care.
- Make initial contacts for all quantitative Hcg results.
- Provide nonjudgmental counseling to patients by offering information and/or referrals on reproductive and sexual health issues.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service to both internal and external customers by working towards a positive outcome with any problems encountered.
- Document accurately, appropriately, and efficiently all telephone interactions with patients and complete, accurate, and timely medical record chart notes.
- Demonstrate ongoing proficiency in Electronic Health Records (EHR) and Electronic Plan Management (EPM) systems.
- Create appropriate follow-up plans for laboratory results as defined by PPRM’s Medical Standards and Guidelines.
- Daily review of the Provider Approval Ques (PAQ) to includes accepting and signing off on normal and abnormal laboratory results as defined by PPRM’s Medical Standards and Guidelines.
- Assist with scheduling patient appointments as needed.
- Run NextGen reports and complete appropriate follow-up management.
- Send correspondence to patients via mail and Patient Portal.
- Maintain average call time and volume as defined by program guidelines.
- Serve as a resource to PPRM staff regarding follow-up information.
- Assist Clinical Quality and Risk Management Team with related quality assurance functions such as performing chart audits, reporting deficiencies, and developing corrective action plans.
- Assists in answering patient questions received via the Patient Portal.
- In collaboration with the Patient Care Coordinator, VCC Clinician, and VCC Manager-Telehealth, ensure that support staff is following all PPRM policies and procedures and the Medical Standards and Guidelines, to ensure timely and accurate follow-up notification.
- Completes all responsibilities according to established protocols, policies, and standard practices in the areas of customer service, quality assurance, and regulatory compliance programs such as HIPAA (Health Information Portability & Accountability Act), OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Administration) and CLIA (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act).
- Perform mandatory STI reporting to Colorado, Nevada, Wyoming, and New Mexico State Departments of Health, when indicated.
- Assist Clinical Quality and Risk Management Team with the creation and implementation of Electronic Medical Follow-Up systems.
- Participates in abortion services (participation can include referrals, information, education, counseling, performing, scheduling, etc.)
- Participates in the daytime on-call program during scheduled shifts. This is taking emergency calls/triage concerns from patients.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Abortion Care: We all work in abortion care, whether it is referrals, information, education, counseling, performing, scheduling, etc. In this role, you will work with your team to ensure all patients can utilize the full measure of their insurance coverage to cover their care and ensure all billing training documents are up to date.
$32.89 - $37.28 an hour
Benefits at PPRM include:
A predictable schedule and dedicated individualized paid training
401K/Safe Harbor Contributions (We contribute to your 401K after an allotted period of time)
Medical/Vision/Dental, with extended mental health coverage
Employee Loan Program
Employee Assistance Program and WorkLife Partnership
PPRM Internal Benefits Program
Paid Family Leave/Paid Parental Leave
PTO and Sick Time
Float Holidays (You pick your holidays)
COVID-19 Vaccine: PPRM requires that all employees are fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. An employee is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the second dose of a two-dose vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) or one dose of a single- dose vaccination (Johnson and Johnson/Janssen). Proof must be uploaded upon starting. You will upload a picture or pdf of your vaccination card(s) on your first day of orientation.
Background Check Required
Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity, equity, inclusion, respect, integrity, customer focus, and innovation. We are committed to creating a welcoming space for all people on our staff, in our health centers, and in our community. We do this by tending to the team, respecting and honoring all people, jumping in, trying and learning, caring for our business, and returning to our mission. Learn More