Traveling Advanced Practice Nurse
Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico
Medical Services – Medical Services
Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains, which includes health centers in Colorado, Southern Nevada, New Mexico, and Wyoming has been helping individuals make responsible choices for over 100 years.
Since 1916, we have been committed to delivering the highest quality reproductive health care, teaching responsible and age-appropriate sexuality education and have been working diligently to protect a woman's right to choose.
Each year more than 100,000 women, men and teens visit our health centers throughout our four state region - Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, and Wyoming.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Traveling APN Supervisor
SUMMARY: In collaboration with PPRM medical protocols, the Medical Director and state and federal regulations, the Traveling Advanced Practice Nurse (TAPN) will function as a provider of primary reproductive health care services. The TAPN will act as a replacement for clinicians who are unable to work their regularly scheduled hours or for health centers that need a clinician on a PRN basis. This position is hourly, non-exempt.
QUALIFICATIONS - Must be one of the following: a NP, CNM, or PA who has:
- Completed an NP, CNM, or PA educational program and is certified as an NP, CNM, or PA by a national certification organization and met state requirements for licensing or certification as an NP, CNM, or PA.
- Must have strong internal and external customer service, communication and organizational skills.
- PPRM health center experience preferred.
- Ability to provide male reproductive health care preferred.
- Must be able to work two Saturdays per month.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to travel to all Colorado PPRM health centers.
- Must be willing to work in our health centers that provide abortion (medication and surgical).
- May serve as an advocate for health centers when working with administration and support administration policy in the health centers in a positive, supportive style.
- Secure and review the complete health history and record findings accurately.
- Perform physical examinations with special emphasis on the reproductive system.
- Provide cancer screening testing, diagnosis of sexually transmitted infections and perform other types of more specialized procedures as indicated.
- Perform and order diagnostic studies as indicated and provide appropriate treatment and follow-up as necessary.
- Provide reproductive health education and collaborate with the health center team and other community agencies in providing comprehensive care.
- Provide birth control education and methods.
- Perform any other duties as assigned to ensure client satisfaction and promote health center success.
- Assist with Quality Management department functions as needed.
- Participates in abortion services (participation can include referrals, information, education, counseling, performing, scheduling, etc.)
Background Check Required
Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.