Health Center Assistant - Flamingo
Las Vegas, NV /
Medical Services – Health Center Assistant /
This is the job for you if you are excited to be in the medical field and are looking to learn medical skills including blood draws and collecting and processing lab samples. You have a high school degree, GED or High School Equivalency (HSE) diploma, and want to provide excellent patient care to all no matter what.
Spanish-speaking candidates preferred, but not required.
Paid Medical Training, No Experience Necessary!
- Benefits Eligible
- You would be eligible for a pay increase after 6 months and after 1 yr of continuous employment
- Our training provides a pathway to becoming a Certified Medical Assistant, which can save you thousands in tuition and fees!
Schedule: Full Time 37.5 hrs/week
Location: You may be asked to travel between the Las Vegas and Charleston Street Health Centers. Both Las Vegas Locations are minutes apart, so staff picks up shifts at either site when needed
Important: If you are scheduled for an opening or closing shift, your shift would start at least 30min before opening time, and/or end at least 30 min after closing time.
Compensation Starting at:*
HCA I: $18.25 / hour, during first 3-6 months of training
-If have a Medical Assistant Certificate, Phlebotomy Certificate, or are a Certified Nurse Assistant: $18.50
HCA II: $18.50 / hour, after completing training (usually within 3-6 months)
HCA III: $19.75 / hour within 12 to 15 months
This position is hourly, non-exempt.
*Promotion timelines are averages and may take less or more time depending on learning aptitude
You may also earn an additional:
$1.25 / hour, upon passing a conversational Spanish Fluency test (30 min)
$2.00 / hour, if selected to conduct Ultrasounds, we would train you in this as well (CO,NV only)
$2.00 / hour, when you become a preceptor/train new HCA I's
- Direct Patient Support: You are the first person people see in the health center so you set the tone for their experience in our health center. You will perform patient intakes, provide sexual health education, draw blood, and collect & process basic lab samples. You will be also responsible for answering phones, making appointments, filing, and record keeping. You will demonstrate excellent customer service to both internal and external customers by working towards a positive outcome with any problems encountered.
- Contribute to a High-Functioning Center: You collaborate with other team members to ensure the health center functions efficiently and in a way that meets our goals and standards of excellence. You’re willing and able to contribute in a variety of ways, lending your skills and time where they can help. You model our core values and maintain a focus on client support and satisfaction. You will monitor, order, maintain and dispense supplies and medications as appropriate. You will perform routine bookkeeping tasks with a complete understanding of grants and funding sources. You will develop a full understanding of the Electronic Practice Management system. You will assist in routine health center maintenance. You will promote and maintain positive communication with clients, peers, managers, clinicians, and administration. You will perform any additional duties to ensure client satisfaction and promote health center success. You will enter lab work results into the computer. You will participate in abortion services (participation can include referrals, information, education, counseling, performing, scheduling, etc.
Benefits at PPRM Include:
- A predictable schedule and dedicated individualized paid training
- 401K/Safe Harbor Contributions (We contribute to your 401K after an allotted period of time)
- Medical/Vision/Dental, with extended mental health coverage
- Employee Loan Program
- Employee Assistance Program and WorkLife Partnership
- PPRM Internal Benefits Program
- Paid Family Leave/Paid Parental Leave
- PTO and Sick Time
- Float Holidays (You pick your holidays)
- Bereavement Leave
- And More!
COVID-19 Vaccine: PPRM requires that all employees are fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. An employee is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the second dose of a two-dose vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) or one dose of a single- dose vaccination (Johnson and Johnson/Janssen). Proof must be uploaded upon starting. You will upload a picture or pdf of your vaccination card(s) on your first day of orientation.
Background Check Required
Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity, equity, inclusion, respect, integrity, customer focus, and innovation. We are committed to creating a welcoming space for all people on our staff, in our health centers, and in our community. We do this by tending to the team, respecting and honoring all people, jumping in, trying and learning, caring for our business, and returning to our mission. Learn More