Medical Services – ABQ San Mateo Health Center /
Part Time, benefits eligible
Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity, equity, inclusion, respect, integrity, customer focus, and innovation. We are committed to creating a welcoming space for people of all genders on our staff, in our health centers, and in our community. We do this by tending to the team, respecting and honoring all people, jumping in, trying and learning, caring for our business, and returning to our mission.
Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains, which includes health centers in Colorado, Southern Nevada, New Mexico, and Wyoming has been helping individuals make responsible choices for over 100 years. Since 1916, we have been committed to delivering the highest quality reproductive health care, teaching responsible and age-appropriate sexuality education and have been working diligently to protect a person's right to reproductive choice. Each year more than 100,000 people visit our health centers throughout our four state region.
POSITION: Registered Nurse, Level I
*We have two positions open at this time.*
RESPONSIBLE TO: Center Manager
SUMMARY: The RN provides medical care to clients and quality assurance as outlined in PPRM Medical Policies. This position is hourly, non-exempt.
SCHEDULE: Tuesday and Friday 7:45 am - 5 pm. And the 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month from 7:45 am - 5 pm.
SALARY: $29.00 - $32.00
- Assist physician with surgical procedures.
- Perform laboratory testing.
- Assist with emergency care.
- Screen client’s medical history.
- Provide basic information and education to clients on the procedure, aftercare and birth control.
- Document all client encounters completely, clearly, and in a timely manner.
- Initiate IV access.
- Examine, identify, and properly dispose of products of conception.
- Monitor clients receiving IV sedation.
- Monitor clients post operatively.
- Accept after-hours call as designated; this is a requirement for all benefit eligible nurses.
- Nurse’s that are required to take call will also be required to apply for and maintain state licensure in the state of Nevada
- Maintain the integrity of emergency equipment.
- Assist with front desk duties as needed.
- Act as a resource for non-medical staff.
- Administer and account for controlled medications.
- Assist with compliance of OSHA, CLIA, and Board of Pharmacy regulations.
- Assist with routine health center upkeep.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service to both internal and external customers by working towards a positive outcome with any problems encountered.
- Additional responsibilities as delegated by center manager to ensure functioning of health center.
- Participates in abortion services (participation can include referrals, information, education, counseling, performing, scheduling, etc.)
- Current state licensure
- CPR and ACLS certification required
- Experience with IV therapy or IV certified
- Must have excellent customer service, communication, typing and organizational skills.
Background Check Required
Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.