Traveling Registered Nurse (RN) - Denver
Denver, CO /
Medical Services – Registered Nurse /
SUMMARY: In collaboration with PPRM medical protocols, the Medical Director and state and federal regulations, the TRN provides medical care to clients and quality assurance in our health centers as outlined in PPRM Medical Policies. The TRN will act as a replacement for nurses who are unable to work their regularly scheduled hours or for health centers that need a RN on a PRN basis. This position is hourly, non-exempt.
Compensation Starting at:
This position is hourly, non-exempt.
RN I: $34.00 - $40.21 / hour *
RNs with no prior sedation or abortion procedure experience.
(RN II: $35.50 - $42.00 / hour * RNs with at least one year of prior sedation experience, ultrasound experience, and/or experience assisting in abortion procedures.)
A Generous Benefits Package valued at over $16,000
A predictable schedule
You may also earn an additional:
$1.25 / hr, upon passing a conversational Spanish Fluency test (30 min)
$2.00 / hr, RNs that are approved through the training department to precept/train on RN Skills
$25.00 / day, RNs that are approved through the training department to precept/train on RN Skills and on how to perform Ultrasounds
RN I's are assessed for promotion to RN II within 6 months of starting.
Full-time ~37.5 hours per week.
Whether you are new to reproductive health or are experienced in the field you will benefit from our paid training model. We offer comprehensive training to provide you with the tools you will need to thrive at PPRM.
You have at least 6 months of nursing experience.
You are prepared to jump in to provide abortion care and lend your skills to support PPRM patients at this important time in history.
You enjoy working on a team and have great communication skills with both patients and colleagues.
You are a registered nurse with a state license, BLS, and ACLS certified.
You are also experienced with IV therapy or are IV Certified.
You are willing and able to travel to any/all PPRM abortion-providing health centers to assist in abortion care. The primary locations include, but are not limited to: Denver, CO; Fort Collins, CO; CO Springs, CO; Durango, CO; Albuquerque, NM.
*Please note that if offered the position you must submit proof of an active ACLS at least 5 calendar days prior to your start date.
Please complete this Pre-Hire RN Skills Self-Assessment along with this application.
Key Approaches to the Work:
Inclusion and Equity Champion
Primary Areas of Responsibility/Essential Functions:
- TRNs will participate in a training program that covers Level I & II RN functions
- Learn basic ultrasound techniques for dating purposes per Planned Parenthood policy and procedure with approval and oversight from Clinical Quality Management (QM).
- Educate patients about pregnancy and abortion options, procedures, and aftercare, and care for and educate patients experiencing early pregnancy complications.
- Educate patients about birth control options.
- Screen patient’s medical history and identify information that may impact care.
- Provide proper informed consent sessions prior to procedure.
- Perform laboratory testing.
- Initiate peripheral IV access.
- Accurately administer, document, and account for all ordered and indicated medications.
- Assist provider with procedural abortions.
- Monitor and assess patients during conscious sedation.
- Document all patient encounters clearly, accurately, completely, and efficiently.
- Examine, identity, and properly dispose of products of conception (POC).
- Monitor patients post-procedure and post-sedation.
- Participate in the preparation, utilization, cleaning, processing, and sterilizing of all clinical tools and equipment.
- Provide case management and follow-up for patients.
- Identify events that qualify for an incident reporting and notify management when encountered.
- Adhere to the compliance of OSHA, CLIA, and Board of Pharmacy regulations.
- Assist with emergency care.
- Maintain the integrity of emergency equipment.
- Assist with health center administrative duties as needed.
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service that respects and honors all people.
- Proactively seek a positive outcome with any problems encountered.
- Other health center duties as assigned.
$34 - $42 an hour
Benefits at PPRM include:
A predictable schedule and dedicated individualized paid training
401K/Safe Harbor Contributions (We contribute 3% of your pay to your 401K after 1 yr even if you don't)
Medical/Vision/Dental, with extended mental health coverage
Employee Loan Program
Employee Assistance Program and WorkLife Partnership
PPRM Internal Benefits Program
Paid Family Leave/Paid Parental Leave
PTO and Sick Time
Float Holidays (You pick your holidays)
COVID-19 Vaccine: PPRM requires that all employees are fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. An employee is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the second dose of a two-dose vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) or one dose of a single- dose vaccination (Johnson and Johnson/Janssen). Proof must be uploaded upon starting. You will upload a picture or pdf of your vaccination card(s) on your first day of orientation.
Background Check Required
Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity, equity, inclusion, respect, integrity, customer focus, and innovation. We are committed to creating a welcoming space for all people on our staff, in our health centers, and in our community. We do this by tending to the team, respecting and honoring all people, jumping in, trying and learning, caring for our business, and returning to our mission. Learn More