Advance Practice Nurse
Santa Fe /
Medical Services – Santa Fe Health Center /
Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity, equity, inclusion, respect, integrity, customer focus, and innovation. We are committed to creating a welcoming space for people of all genders on our staff, in our health centers, and in our community. We do this by tending to the team, respecting and honoring all people, jumping in, trying and learning, caring for our business, and returning to our mission.
Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains, which includes health centers in Colorado, Southern Nevada, New Mexico, and Wyoming has been helping individuals make responsible choices for over 100 years. Since 1916, we have been committed to delivering the highest quality reproductive health care, teaching responsible and age-appropriate sexuality education and have been working diligently to protect a person's right to reproductive choice. Each year more than 100,000 people visit our health centers throughout our four state region.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Center Manager
SUMMARY: In collaboration with PPRM protocols, the medical director and state and federal regulations, the family planning clinician will function as a provider of primary reproductive health care services. This position is hourly, non-exempt.
SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday, 37.5 hours a week
Must be a NP who has: Completed an NP educational program and is certified as an NP by a national certification organization and met state requirements for licensing or certification as an NP.
Must have excellent customer service, communication, typing and organizational skills.
- Secure and review the complete health history and record findings accurately.
- Perform physical examinations with special emphasis on the reproductive system
- Provide cancer screening testing, diagnosis of sexually transmitted infections and perform other types of more specialized procedures as indicated.
- Perform and order diagnostic studies as indicated and provide appropriate treatment and follow-up as necessary.
- Provide relevant education and collaborate with the health center team and other community agencies in providing comprehensive care.
- Provide birth control education and methods.
- Must see male clients.
- Work with health center staff on routine health center upkeep.
- Participates in abortion services (participation can include referrals, information, education, counseling, performing, scheduling, etc.)
- Demonstrates excellent customer service to both internal and external customers by working towards a positive outcome with any problems encountered.
- Note: Must be able to perform all above duties in a proficient and unsupervised manner in order to move to the next level. Movement to another level requires review and approval of the Quality Management Team.
Background Check Required
Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.