Registered Nurse (RN) - Durango
Durango, CO /
Medical Services – Registered Nurse /
Part Time, no benefits
Are you prepared to provide abortion care and lend your skills to support PPRM patients at this important time in history? Our RN's primary function is to provide abortion care to patients and we want you to join our team!
Supervisor: Health Center Manager
Would I be a supervisor? No
Do I need to drive to do this job? No, you just need reliable transportation to get to work
Training: During your first 3 months of employment, you will need to travel to Denver twice for 3-4 days each time. These trips may be scheduled on any day of the week. This is to give you the best training possible in the shortest amount of time. We will reimburse you for all travel expenses for training.
Schedule: Tuesdays from 8:45 to 5:30 through September; Mondays from 8:45 to 5:30 thereafter
8 to 12 hours per week
Compensation Starting at:
This position is hourly, non-exempt.
New graduates or RNs with no prior sedation or abortion procedure experience.
* RNs with at least one year of prior sedation experience, ultrasound experience, and/or experience assisting in abortion procedures.
A predictable schedule
You may also earn an additional:
$1.25 / hr, upon passing a conversational Spanish Fluency test (30 min)
$2.00 / hr, for RN skills precepting
$25.00 / day, RNs that are approved through the training department to precept/train on RN Skills and on how to perform Ultrasounds
RN I's are assessed for promotion to RN II within 6 months of starting.
You are prepared to jump in to provide abortion care and lend your skills to support PPRM patients at this important time in history.
You enjoy working on a team and have great communication skills with both patients and colleagues.
You are also experienced with IV therapy or are IV Certified.
You are a registered nurse with a state license, BLS and ACLS certified.
*Please note that if offered the position you must submit proof of an active ACLS at least 9 calendar days prior to your start date.
Please complete this Pre-Hire RN Skills Self-Assessment along with this application.
Key Approaches to the Work:
-Highly organized and on top of Details
-Inclusion and Equity Champion
- Assist physician with abortion procedures.
- Perform laboratory testing.
- Assist with emergency care.
- Screen client’s medical history.
- Provide basic information and education to clients on the procedure, aftercare and birth control.
- Document all client encounters completely, clearly, and in a timely manner.
- Initiate IV access.
- Examine, identify, and properly dispose of products of conception.
- Monitor clients receiving IV sedation.
- Monitor clients post operatively.
- Maintain the integrity of emergency equipment.
- Assist with front desk duties as needed.
- Act as a resource for non-medical staff.
- Administer and account for controlled medications.
- Assist with compliance of OSHA, CLIA, and Board of Pharmacy regulations.
- Assist with routine health center upkeep.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service to both internal and external customers by working towards a positive outcome with any problems encountered.
- Additional responsibilities as delegated by the center manager to ensure the functioning of the health center.
- Participates in abortion services (participation can include referrals, information, education, counseling, performing, scheduling, etc.)
COVID-19 Vaccine: PPRM requires that all employees are fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. An employee is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the second dose of a two-dose vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) or one dose of a single- dose vaccination (Johnson and Johnson/Janssen). Proof must be uploaded upon starting. You will upload a picture or pdf of your vaccination card(s) on your first day of orientation.
Background Check Required
Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity, equity, inclusion, respect, integrity, customer focus, and innovation. We are committed to creating a welcoming space for all people on our staff, in our health centers, and in our community. We do this by tending to the team, respecting and honoring all people, jumping in, trying and learning, caring for our business, and returning to our mission. Learn More