Traveling Advanced Practice Clinician*6,000 Sign-On Bonus
Las Vegas, NV /
Medical Services – Advanced Practice Clinicians /
*Sign On Bonus $6,000* ($3,000 first paycheck and $3,000 upon completing 1 year of continuous service with PPRM)
SUMMARY: In collaboration with PPRM Medical Standards and Guidelines, the Medical Director and state and federal regulations, the Traveling Advanced Practice Clinician (TAPC) will function as a provider of primary reproductive health care services. The TAPC will act as a replacement for clinicians who are unable to work their regularly scheduled hours or for health centers that need a clinician on a temporary basis. In addition, the TAPC will support the Virtual Care Center by providing direct patient care virtually through HIPAA-compliant telehealth platforms and centralized care programs.
Travel Details: The TAPC locations will be within the Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountain (PPRM) affiliate, which spans Colorado, New Mexico, and Southern Nevada. Staff will reside in one of the following areas in Denver, Albuquerque, or Las Vegas.
SCHEDULE: Full-time variable hours between Monday and Saturday. Schedule dependent upon operational needs and travel time required.
SALARY: (Includes travel differential pay)
APN I: $45.50 - $53.94 / hour
APN II: $46.60 - $61.94 / hour*
*depending on reproductive health care experience as an APN
Must be one of the following:
-Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Certified Nurse-Midwife (CNM) who has:
-Completed an NP or CNM educational program and is certified as an NP or CNM by a national certification organization and met state requirements for licensing or certification as an NP or CNM.
-Must have an active license in at least one of the following states, with a willingness to obtain and maintain active licensure in the other two: Colorado, New Mexico, and Nevada.
-Must have, or be willing to obtain, DEA and other prescriptive licensing required in Colorado, New Mexico, and Nevada.
-No restrictions on your ability to be credentialed with Medicaid or other payors.
-Must have strong internal and external customer service, communication, and organizational skills.
-Must have reliable transportation.
Please complete this APN Pre-Hire Skills Self-Assessment Checklist along with this application.
Key Approaches to the Work:
Inclusion and Equity Champion
- Must be willing and able to travel to and work at all PPRM health centers.
- Must be willing to provide care in all reproductive health care service lines offered by PPRM, including Abortion care, Gender Affirming care, and Family Planning.
- Triage medical questions and concerns in accordance with PPRM’s Medical Standards and Guidelines.
- Collect and review patients’ complete health history and record findings accurately.
- Perform physical examinations with special emphasis on the reproductive system.
- Provide cancer screenings, testing and diagnosis of sexually transmitted infections, and perform other types of more specialized procedures as indicated.
- Perform and order diagnostic studies as indicated and provide appropriate treatment and follow-up as necessary.
- Provide reproductive health education and collaborate with the health center team, Virtual Care Center team, Clinical Quality Management team, and other community agencies in providing comprehensive care.
- Provide birth control education and methods.
- Provide asynchronous care for patients seeking birth control, emergency contraception, and/or UTI treatment by PPDirect app.
- Conduct visits via in person, phone, or video to diagnose and treat issues and conditions related to reproductive and sexual health.
- Supports unlicensed staff with finding answers to medical questions or concerns.
- Perform any other duties as assigned to ensure client satisfaction and promote health center success.
- Assist with Clinical Quality Risk Management functions as needed.
Benefits at PPRM include:
A predictable schedule and dedicated individualized paid training
401K/Safe Harbor Contributions (We contribute to your 401K after an allotted period of time)
Medical/Vision/Dental, with extended mental health coverage
Employee Loan Program
Employee Assistance Program and WorkLife Partnership
PPRM Internal Benefits Program
Bring your baby to work policy
Paid Family Leave/Paid Parental Leave
PTO and Sick Time
Float Holidays (You pick your holidays)
COVID-19 Vaccine: PPRM requires that all employees are fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. An employee is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the second dose of a two-dose vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) or one dose of a single- dose vaccination (Johnson and Johnson/Janssen). Proof must be uploaded upon starting. You will upload a picture or pdf of your vaccination card(s) on your first day of orientation.
Background Check Required
Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity, equity, inclusion, respect, integrity, customer focus, and innovation. We are committed to creating a welcoming space for all people on our staff, in our health centers, and in our community. We do this by tending to the team, respecting and honoring all people, jumping in, trying and learning, caring for our business, and returning to our mission. Learn More