Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) Level II, *Sign On Bonus $6,000*
Albuquerque, NM /
Medical Services – Advanced Practice Clinicians /
Are you prepared to provide lend your skills to support PPRM patients at this important time in history? Our APN’s primary function is to provide family planning and abortion care to patients and we want you to join our team!
Compensation Starting at:
This position is hourly, non-exempt.
APN II: $44.60 - $59.94 / hour *NP/CNM with at least one year of prior experience in reproductive/sexual healthcare experience and/or with at least one year of PPRM experience within the past three years)
(APN I: $43.50 - $51.94 / hour *New graduates or NP/CNM with no reproductive/sexual healthcare experience)
Sign-on Bonus of $6,000.00 ($3000 upon starting, and $3000 after 1 year of continuous employment)
*Relocation Assistance of $3,000.00 with a 1yr commitment* (Paid out in the first paycheck upon starting)
A Generous Benefits Package valued at over $16,000
A predictable schedule
You may also earn an additional:
$1.25 / hour, upon passing a conversational Spanish Fluency test (30 min)
$25.00 / day, APNs that are approved through the training department to precept/train
Schedule: Full Time, Approx. 37.5 hours per week
(5 days Mon-Sat with some flexibility)
Whether you are new to reproductive health or are experienced in the field you will benefit from our paid training model. We offer comprehensive training to provide you with the tools you will need to thrive at PPRM.
To give you the best training possible in the shortest amount of time you may need to travel to Denver for 2-4 weeks during the first 1 to 2 months. To train in CO you will need to apply for a CO APN license as soon as you are moved through to credentialing. We will reimburse you for the license application fee upon starting and you will also be reimbursed for all travel expenses for training.
You have at least 1 year of prior reproductive/sexual healthcare experience and/or at least one year of PPRM experience within the past three years.
You enjoy working on a team and have great communication skills with both patients and colleagues.
You have completed an NP or CNM educational program and are certified as an NP or CNM by a national certification organization
You have a Nurse Practitioner or Certified Nurse Midwife license in the state of New Mexico or are able to apply for one.
Please complete this APN Pre-Hire Skills Self-Assessment Checklist along with this application.
Key Approaches to the Work:
Inclusion and Equity Champion
1. Secure and review the complete health history and record findings accurately.
2. Perform physical examinations with special emphasis on the reproductive system.
3. Provide cancer screening testing, diagnosis of sexually transmitted infections and perform other types of more specialized procedures as indicated.
4. Perform and order diagnostic studies as indicated and provide appropriate treatment and follow-up as necessary.
5. Provide relevant education and collaborate with the health center team and other community agencies in providing comprehensive care.
6. Provide birth control education and methods.
7. Must see male clients.
8. Work with health center staff on routine health center upkeep.
9. Must be proficient in at least one of the following skills: IUD insertion and removal, Implanon/Nexplanon insertion, Implanon/Nexplanon removal, Cervical polyp removal, Endometrial biopsy, Colposcopy, Cervical Cryotherapy, Ultrasound (where appropriate).
10. Participates in abortion services (participation can include referrals, information, education, counseling, performing, scheduling, etc.)
11. Demonstrates excellent customer service to both internal and external customers by working towards a positive outcome with any problems encountered.
Benefits at PPRM include:
A predictable schedule and dedicated individualized paid training
401K/Safe Harbor Contributions (We contribute to your 401K after an allotted period of time)
Medical/Vision/Dental, with extended mental health coverage
Employee Loan Program
Employee Assistance Program and WorkLife Partnership
PPRM Internal Benefits Program
Bring your baby to work policy
Paid Family Leave/Paid Parental Leave
PTO and Sick Time
Float Holidays (You pick your holidays)
COVID-19 Vaccine: PPRM requires that all employees are fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. An employee is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the second dose of a two-dose vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) or one dose of a single- dose vaccination (Johnson and Johnson/Janssen). Proof must be uploaded upon starting. You will upload a picture or pdf of your vaccination card(s) on your first day of orientation.
Flu Protocol: All employees working directly with patients or working in a health center will be required to have the flu shot or wear a mask during patient contact or while in the health center from October 1 – April 30 each year (Flu Season). The flu shot will be available to health center employees in the health center in addition to being able to seek the flu vaccine externally through the medical plan or reimbursement.
Background Check Required
Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity, equity, inclusion, respect, integrity, customer focus, and innovation. We are committed to creating a welcoming space for all people on our staff, in our health centers, and in our community. We do this by tending to the team, respecting and honoring all people, jumping in, trying and learning, caring for our business, and returning to our mission. Learn More