Health Center Manager- Denver
Denver, CO /
Medical Services – Health Center Management /
Interested in being a part of one of the leading prominent providers of reproductive and sexual health care in the United States? This role is a large part of ensuring the people in our communities receive the health care they need and deserve while adhering to the highest standard of medical care with compassion, no matter what.
Snapshot: In this role, you will serve as the Health Center Manager overseeing a team of clinicians, health center assistants and assistant manager(s). The health center supports patient services that deal with sexual health, reproductive health, and abortion services. You will be hiring, training, and conducting performance reviews with fellow staff. You will also be responsible for facility management, compliance protocols, assisting in coordinating patient care, responding to patient complaints, managing productivity goals, and implementing various initiatives (such as rolling out new services). Monitoring, meeting, and exceeding Key Performance Indicators will be a key aspect of this role, as well continuously identifying and implementing Productivity and Efficiency strategies.
Schedule: Monday to Friday with availability to support the team virtually on evenings and Saturdays as needed. (Full Time, Exempt)
Compensation Starts at: $71834.12 / year
A Generous Benefits Package
A predictable schedule
Key Approaches to the Work:
Inclusion and Equity Champion
- Need to Have:
- Minimum Education
- High school degree. Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3-5 years of healthcare management and supervisory experience
- Ability to work independently with a low level of supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- Capable to supervise, lead, and motivate a diverse staff especially while implementing operational changes
- Critical and creative thinkers who can see when and how processes can be improved
- Strong time management skills
- Desire to create an inclusive environment where all people feel a sense of belonging
- Ability to understand and maintain regulatory compliance
Skills we look for in a manager:
- Health Center Leadership & Staff Supervision: Patient care is at the very center of your work, consistently centering you and your team on our purpose and objectives.
- Supervise licensed and unlicensed staff and volunteers
- Trains staff and facilitates center-wide trainings for staff
- Works to foster positive and productive communication and culture with and among staff
- Provides on-going coaching to ensure compliance and performance
- Provides career development opportunities for staff
- Ensures implementation of policy and procedure
- Acts as an ambassador of center-wide initiatives, goals, and policies. Facilitates closing the loop between staff concerns and actions taken to implement change or a broader perspective to facilitate a better understanding
- Clinic Operations: You will be responsible for and oversee various elements of the clinic’s operations that enable the team to reach clinical, regulatory, operational, and productivity & efficiency goals.
- Ensures the quality and quantity of work according to established benchmarks and operational needs
- Manages medical records
- Handles and tracks patient complaints
- Ensure there is always adequate supplies for the health center
- Health Center Management: You will ensure that the health center has all it needs to provide uninterrupted services.
- Monitors department budget and spends responsibly
- Audits functions throughout department to ensure regulatory compliance
- Monitors, gathers and reports health center data to stakeholders and uses it to make informed decisions
- Communicates regularly on health center successes, needs, obstacles, and recommendations
- Assesses facility needs and coordinates cleanliness, maintenance, security, and improvements.
- Responsible for working with Equity and Belonging Team in the recruitment, hiring, and onboarding of staff
Benefits at PPRM include:
A predictable schedule and dedicated individualized paid training
401K/Safe Harbor Contributions (We contribute to your 401K after an allotted period of time)
Medical/Vision/Dental, with extended mental health coverage
Employee Loan Program
Employee Assistance Program and WorkLife Partnership
PPRM Internal Benefits Program
Paid Family Leave/Paid Parental Leave
PTO and Sick Time
Float Holidays (You pick your holidays)
COVID-19 Vaccine: PPRM requires that all employees are fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. An employee is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the second dose of a two-dose vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) or one dose of a single- dose vaccination (Johnson and Johnson/Janssen). Proof must be uploaded upon starting. You will upload a picture or pdf of your vaccination card(s) on your first day of orientation.
Flu Protocol: All employees working directly with patients or working in a health center will be required to have the flu shot or wear a mask during patient contact or while in the health center from October 1 – April 30 each year (Flu Season). The flu shot will be available to health center employees in the health center in addition to being able to seek the flu vaccine externally through the medical plan or reimbursement.
Background Check Required
Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity, equity, inclusion, respect, integrity, customer focus, and innovation. We are committed to creating a welcoming space for all people on our staff, in our health centers, and in our community. We do this by tending to the team, respecting and honoring all people, jumping in, trying and learning, caring for our business, and returning to our mission. Learn More