Financial Accountant (f/m/x)
Finance – Accounting /
Fixed term - full time
PPRO is looking for a Financial Accountant (f/m/x) who will be responsible for supporting PPRO's growth and the internationalisation of our business. You will be part of our Accounting team, that is composed of passionate accounting professionals located in Munich, Luxembourg and London. You will be working closely together with our Treasury team and the Controlling team, supporting with analysis to raise the bar for the group reporting.
What will you be doing: In the role of a Financial Accountant, you are working on the day-to-day accounting activities and regularly evaluate our processes for improvement. You are responsible for accurate preparation of the financial statements, supervising, tracking and evaluating daily activities.
What will you be doing:
- Responsible for daily managing of the financial accounting statements and meeting the regulatory obligations.
- Managing the monthly and yearly financial statements and year-end audit process for the Luxembourg entity.
- Maintaining the group accounting manuals to ensure compliance with all accounting rules.
- Ensure the reliability of data by supporting the monthly group financial reportings with sufficient balance sheet and P&L analysis
- Responsible for the operational cash flow
- Responsible for issuing periodic information for legal and regulatory reporting including financial and own funds positions (CSSF and Luxembourg banks)
- Preparation, reconciliation and filing of the monthly VAT accounts
- Supporting annual VAT and corporate income tax filings together with external tax advisors
- Improve the quality of the monthly reporting as well as for the OPEX management
- In-depth analysis and increasing knowledge on variances in the P&L and Balance Sheet
You’ll need to have:
- University degree or similar qualification with a focus on accounting, controlling and taxation
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in an international group or an audit company
- Profound know-how and experience in Lux GAAP accounting standards
- IFRS knowledge is a plus
- Solid tax knowledge
- Good communication skills and ability to work with remote teams
- Strong analytical and presentational skills with the ability to work with large data sets
- Excel skills (advanced)
- Navision is a plus
- Proficiency in English is essential
- German is a plus
You must be eligible to live and work in Luxembourg.
We’d love to see:
That you like to challenge the status quo and that you drive change for the better. We love working with people that are great communicators and people who thrive in truly international environments.
PPRO removes the complexity of international payments. In a nutshell, we process billions of financial transactions across the world, providing access to 150+ local payment methods to financial institutions, payment service providers, and their merchants. All on one platform, with one contract, and one API. Our technology, services, and expertise help merchants and other businesses sell goods and services to consumers anywhere in the world.
While PPRO has been running since 2006, we still maintain a flexible startup environment, where every idea is heard, and there’s always room for improvement.
We have offices in Singapore, London, Munich, Cologne, Berlin, Luxembourg, Atlanta, San Francisco, Mexico City and Sao Paulo with a diverse group of more than 40 nationalities – all united around one goal – to deliver the best possible products and services to our partners and customers. While our company mission is to keep innovating global commerce, our internal mission is to encourage a culture of driving change, collaboration, building trust and always raising the bar.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
PPRO is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.