Senior Accounting Manager (f/m/x)
Finance – Accounting /
PPRO is looking for a Senior Accounting Manager (f/m/x) who will be responsible for supporting PPRO's growth and the internationalisation of our business. You will support on general and sub-ledger, the financial statement group processes and on the day-to-day accounting activities. One of your main focus areas will be finance projects like the implementation of our new ERP system, implementing regulatory required projects and support the market expansions. You will work on the continuous improvement of our processes and share your expert knowledge in various small and bigger projects in which we need Accounting know-how. You will be part of our Accounting team, that is composed by 6 passionate accounting professionals located in Munich, Luxembourg and London. You will be working close together with our Treasury team and the Controlling team, supporting with analysis to raise the bar for the group reporting.
What will you be doing:
In the role of the Senior Accounting Manager you are working on the day-to-day accounting activities and regularly evaluate our processes for improvement. You are working closely with the Head of Group Accounting, develop and implement high quality accounting processes and you will take part and drive projects for which Accounting expertise is necessary.
- Current accounting, accounts receivable and accounts payable management, dunning and intercompany coordination
- Support the year end audit process for the group financials under IFRS
- Preparation of the monthly financial statements of the group companies
- Review journal entries and account reconciliation as well as perform analytical reviews of actuals
- Support with monthly internal reports and ad hoc special topics in the financial area
- Works on special projects and assignments and support with the license application, first contact person for future regulations
- Provides recommendations to improve the Company's financial performance
- Constant further development of the existing accounting processes and accounting manuals
- Develop control framework to mitigate risks and operational policies and procedures
You’ll need to have:
- University degree (Accounting, Business Administration or Economics)
- 6-10 years in accounting experience under German GAAP HGB and IFRS, solid understanding in taxation
- Strong Project Management competencies
- Strong analytical capabilities, highest standard of accuracy and precision
- Managed multiple stakeholders, preference in a matrix organization
- Good communication skills and ability to work with remote teams across departments
- Excel skills (advanced)
- Fluent English and German
- Hands-on and with “construction” (building) mind-set
What we offer you:
- Grow your expertise and career in one of the fastest-growing companies at the forefront of the fast-growing digital payments revolution - without all the stuff slowing you down in big companies
- Gain experience in one of the top 5 industries: Next to biotech, 3D printing, the Internet of Things and AI, FinTech is one of the hottest industries out there
- Carry out challenging and interesting tasks at the forefront of the online payments movement
- 30 days holiday per year
We’d love to see:
That you like to challenge the status quo and that you drive change for the better. We love working with people that are great communicators and people who thrive in truly international environments.
PPRO removes the complexity of international payments. In a nutshell, we process billions of financial transactions across the world, providing access to 150+ local payment methods to financial institutions, payment service providers, and their merchants. All on one platform, with one contract, and one API. Our technology, services, and expertise help merchants and other businesses sell goods and services to consumers anywhere in the world.
While PPRO has been running since 2006, we still maintain a flexible startup environment, where every idea is heard, and there’s always room for improvement.
We have offices in Singapore, London, Munich, Cologne, Berlin, Luxembourg, Atlanta, San Francisco, Mexico City and Sao Paulo with a diverse group of more than 40 nationalities – all united around one goal – to deliver the best possible products and services to our partners and customers. While our company mission is to keep innovating global commerce, our internal mission is to encourage a culture of driving change, collaboration, building trust and always raising the bar.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
PPRO is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.