Partner Development Manager
Sales – New Business Development
PPRO is growing rapidly, and we are on the lookout for new team members to join our exciting business. At PPRO, we empower each other to be bold, creative and take responsibility for our actions, while always raising the bar. Therefore, a successful team members will also be one who thrives in this work environment.
If you think you fit the bill, we’d like to hear from you!
Why is PPRO recruiting?
Due to our ongoing success, international expansion and rapid growth we require a new Partner Development Manager to be responsible for first phase sales lead generation and development in APAC as well as managing every day in-bound opportunities. You would be joining PPRO at an exciting time during our aggressive global expansion and would be responsible for actively growing our regional Partner (customer) base, delivering on revenue targets and identifying and developing local opportunities for growth.
This is a key role for PPRO so you would not only be required to quickly convert leads into live Partners thereby capturing regional LPM (Local Payment Methods) flows, but also embed PPRO into the fabric of the APAC payments landscape.
As this is a new role in a new territory, we are looking for a well-established leader, well networked and ‘known in the industry’ self-starter that understands the region well.
What you will be doing
Your determined focus will be to identify, prospect, negotiate contractual terms, and close PSPs and Acquiring Bank leads to help them provide local payment service solutions for their merchants. You will set account development strategies, develop the pipeline, execute joint marketing initiatives, drive product adoption and input into innovation thereby driving a customer-centric approach to PPRO’s evolution.
To do this you will draw on and marshal resources from across the PPRO business to successfully deliver on revenue and strategy goals. You will deeply embed yourself and the PPRO business into the fabric of these Partners creating, strengthening and protecting the relationship. You will not only drive results through traditional and existing products and services but will have the vision and local understanding of the needs of the APAC payments market to see ways of adding incremental value to the PPRO business. You will be one of the PPRO brand ambassadors in APAC and globally.
- Responsibility and Ownership – You will be the voice of our new Partners in APAC as well as being the APAC new business ‘business owner’. You will have a large responsibility to identify regional opportunities for growth, champion the regional demands from our potential Partners and work with internal teams to deliver key regional dependencies.
- Driving Results – You will ensure achievement of PPRO sales revenue targets, share of wallet goals, profit and lead generation and conversion, whilst building and managing your own new business pipeline. You will be driven, motivated and have an inherent desire to grow the APAC Partner base via a clear business strategy.
- Relationship Lead – Deeply embedding PPRO into the fabric of the Partner you will be creating, strengthening, developing and protecting the relationship. This new role will gain access to and build relationships with executive level decision makers (including within PPRO), developing connections that create additional opportunities over the short and long term.
- Innovation – The ability to not only drive results through traditional and existing services, but you will have the vision and understanding of the needs of the Partner to see ways of adding value to them and PPRO.
- Minimum 8 years of successful sales experience with a strong network in the payments industry (preferably in the LPM space).
- Proven experience with targeting and signing large APAC payment institutions and Fintechs would be required.
- A team player - Must be able to collaborate, contribute and lead in a high calibre sales team and across the PPRO business, coordinating the appropriate resources to meet varying Partner requirements.
- Understanding of cultural differences in doing business with international colleagues and Partners.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
- Perfect written and spoken English and Mandarin skills; fluency in other languages is an advantageSmart, hungry, resilient and willing to ‘get stuck in’.
The position is a Singapore office-based role and as such you must be eligible to live and work in Singapore.
This role will require some APAC and international travel.
PPRO helps people to pay and get paid. Our technology and expertise overcome barriers to help online merchants sell goods and services, wherever in the world, they want to. While PPRO has been running for 13 years, we still maintain a flexible startup environment, where every idea is heard, and there’s always room for improvement.
We have offices in Singapore, London, Munich, Cologne, Berlin, Luxembourg, Atlanta, San Francisco, Mexico City and Sao Paulo with a diverse group of more than 30 nationalities -- all united around one goal -- to deliver the best possible products and services to our partners and customers. While our company mission is to keep innovating in the global digital commerce field, our internal mission is to do so while encouraging a culture of embracing change, collaboration, building trust and always raising the bar.