Senior Software Engineer C++ (f/m/x)
Software Engineering – Core Team /
Permanent - full time
PPRO is the lead provider for Local Payment Methods (LPMs). With our technology and expertise, online merchants overcome barriers to sell goods and services, worldwide. We are mature in age, founded in 2006, but a startup at heart!
What will be your main responsibilities?
- Address complex architectural problems with simple, intuitive design
- Work in all phases of the software development lifecycle (planning, design, implementation, deployment, monitoring and support)
- Collaborate effectively within our cross-functional teams
- Apply Clean Code techniques and mentor your teammates through in-depth code reviews
- Recognise and propose solutions for scaling weaknesses, performance bottlenecks and security risks
- Apply and utilize state-of-the-art CI/CD techniques
- C++, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Cmake, gitlab
- Senior-level software development experience
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Practical understanding of data structures, algorithms, and design patterns
- Experience developing and running services in the cloud
- Familiarity with FreeBSD and IPC frameworks like ZeroC Ice, gRPC are a plus
- Excellent communication skills (English) and open to giving and receiving feedback
What we offer you:
- An international and diverse environment where you matter
- An amazing team to work with
- Active participation and sponsoring of conferences and meet-ups
- Italian coffee and fresh fruits
- Gym membership
- PPRO Social (company events, lunch'n'learn)
- 30 days holiday per year
- Flexible work hours
PPRO helps people to pay and get paid. Our technology and expertise overcome barriers to help online merchants sell goods and services, wherever in the world, they want to. While PPRO has been running for 13 years, we still maintain a flexible startup environment, where every idea is heard, and there’s always room for improvement.
We have offices in Singapore, London, Munich, Cologne, Berlin, Luxembourg, Atlanta, San Francisco, Mexico City and Sao Paulo with a diverse group of more than 30 nationalities -- all united around one goal -- to deliver the best possible products and services to our partners and customers. While our company mission is to keep innovating in the global digital commerce field, our internal mission is to do so while encouraging a culture of embracing change, collaboration, building trust and always raising the bar.