Senior Software Engineer C++ (f/m/x)
Software Engineering – Core Team /
Permanent - full time
Do you like to be part of an international, cross-functional team, passionate about quality and scalability? You will be responsible for full software development lifecycle activities using C++, working on PPRO’s core team. We use modern tools like GitLab, CI/CD pipelines, Docker, Kubernetes and AWS for both our development and production environments.
PPRO is the lead provider for Local Payment Methods (LPMs). With our technology and expertise, online merchants overcome barriers to sell goods and services, worldwide. We are mature in age, founded in 2006, but a startup at heart!
What will be your main responsibilities?
- Address complex architectural problems with simple, intuitive design
- Work in all phases of the software development lifecycle (planning, design, implementation, deployment, monitoring and support)
- Collaborate effectively within our cross-functional teams
- Apply Clean Code techniques and mentor your teammates through in-depth code reviews
- Recognise and propose solutions for scaling weaknesses, performance bottlenecks and security risks
- Apply and utilize state-of-the-art CI/CD techniques
- C++, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Cmake, gitlab
- Senior-level software development experience
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Practical understanding of data structures, algorithms, and design patterns
- Experience developing and running services in the cloud
- Familiarity with FreeBSD and IPC frameworks like ZeroC Ice, gRPC are a plus
- Excellent communication skills (English) and open to giving and receiving feedback
What we offer you:
- An international and diverse environment where you matter
- An amazing team to work with
- Active participation and sponsoring of conferences and meet-ups
- Italian coffee and fresh fruits
- Gym membership
- PPRO Social (company events, lunch'n'learn)
- 30 days holiday per year
- Flexible work hours
We’d love to see:
That you like to challenge the status quo and that you drive change for the better. We love working with people that are great communicators and people who thrive in truly international environments.
Most of the world’s e-commerce purchases are made with a local payment method, not a big-brand credit card. Yet most of the payments industry is card-centric; not many companies can accept the 500 different ways the world pays. That’s where PPRO comes in.
PPRO focuses on local payments, all day, every day. While many Buzzword-as-a-Service companies try to be all things to all people, we painstakingly engineer our infrastructure to do one thing: help businesses accept payment across borders. And it pays off; our technology and services power international growth for companies like Citi, Mollie, PayPal, and Worldpay.
Speaking of growth, we just raised over $180 million in new investment to take PPRO to the next level. If you want to work at a company where every idea is heard, and there’s always a way to make an impact, let’s talk. If you like to work the way we do – by building trust and driving change – we want to hear from you.
Our offices in Singapore, London, Munich, Cologne, Berlin, Luxembourg, Atlanta, San Francisco, Mexico City and Sao Paulo are home to a diverse team representing 60+ nationalities. And while there are over 390 of us, we’re all united by one mission: to usher in the next era of local payments infrastructure and power growth for businesses all over the world.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
PPRO is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You must be eligible to live and work in the country of employment.