Head of Accounting (f/m/x)
Finance – Accounting
PPRO is looking for a Head of Accounting who will be responsible for supporting PPRO's growth and the internationalisation of our business. You will be responsible for general ledger and the financial statement group processes, including monitoring of the annual audits - supervising, tracking and evaluating the day-to-day accounting activities. You will be leading our Accounting team, that is composed by 4 passionate accounting professionals located in Munich, Luxembourg and London. You will be working close together with our Treasury team and the Controlling team, supporting with analysis to raise the bar for the group reporting.
What will you be doing
- Managing the accounting team in Germany, UK and Luxembourg
- You will provide leadership and support PPRO’s vision and values, act as a business partner for senior management
- Operational responsibility for the full range of financial controlling (asset accounting, accounts payable/receivable, central accounting and group policies)
- Intercompany reconciliation and invoicing for the group entities
- Review journal entries and account reconciliation and to perform analytical reviews of actuals
- Consolidating all financial information related information on P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow (prepared monthly and according to IFRS)
- Owning the IFRS standards for the group and ensure their application
- Preparation of annual financial statements including notes and management reporting for the group and any interim reporting required
Who are you
- University degree or similar qualification with a focus on accounting and taxation
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience in an audit firm or international group
- Profound know-how and experience in IFRS and German GAAP (HGB) accounting standards with basic tax knowledge
- Good leadership skills and team player mentality
- Proactive, organised and independent problem solver with strong analytical skills
- Good communication skills and ability to work with remote teams
- Excel skills (advanced)
- Proficiency in English is essential
We’d love to see:
That you like to challenge the status quo and that you drive change for the better. We love working with people that are great communicators and people who thrive in truly international environments.
PPRO removes the complexity of international payments. In a nutshell, we process billions of financial transactions across the world, providing access to 150+ local payment methods to financial institutions, payment service providers, and their merchants. All on one platform, with one contract, and one API. Our technology, services, and expertise help merchants and other businesses sell goods and services to consumers anywhere in the world.
While PPRO has been running since 2006, we still maintain a flexible startup environment, where every idea is heard, and there’s always room for improvement.
We have offices in Singapore, London, Munich, Cologne, Berlin, Luxembourg, Atlanta, San Francisco, Mexico City and Sao Paulo with a diverse group of more than 40 nationalities – all united around one goal – to deliver the best possible products and services to our partners and customers. While our company mission is to keep innovating global commerce, our internal mission is to encourage a culture of driving change, collaboration, building trust and always raising the bar.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
PPRO is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.