Compliance Manager (f/m/x)
Compliance & Risk – Compliance /
Permanent - full time
PPRO helps people pay and get paid. As one of the fastest-growing Fintech companies in Europe, we have been building industry-leading payment infrastructure for over 12 years. Our solutions serve payment industry leaders by providing the most efficient access to a multitude of payment products. Our teams are growing rapidly with a diverse group of more than 60 nationalities, all united in a dynamic culture with a common purpose: to deliver the best possible products and services to our partners. Together we have a desire to succeed, team spirit, high energy, professionalism and a willingness to take on complex challenges and find simple, elegant solutions.
You will be actively involved in building up, perfecting and maintaining the organisation’s global regulatory framework. The ever-changing and fast-paced, but tightly-regulated world of financial technology requires us to adapt to the environment to meet challenges and attack opportunities.
You will be part of our Compliance team, with 15+ professionals located in offices across the world.
We are looking for a proactive person who can identify threats and opportunities and drive such topics to a successful resolution. You’d be expected to have accountability for projects and tasks and be able to work effectively with varied teams and stakeholders. Your impact will be global and measurable.
What you will be doing:
- Conduct assessment of the business model, corporate structure, policies and procedures of corporate clients
- Provide guidance, oversight and subject matter expertise to 1st Line of Defence teams across the organisation (CDD, Risk, Business development, Treasury, etc.)
- Review politically exposed persons (PEPs) and sanctions alerts, analyse the available data and make decisions or give recommendations to the local Nominated Officer
- Review, prepare and submit suspicious activity reports internally, as well as externally to local financial intelligence units and other government bodies if needed
- Analyse and review information requests by regulatory and law enforcement bodies and coordinate responses across Compliance teams in accordance with policy
- Support the local Nominated Officer in the execution of duties and fulfilling reporting obligations to the local regulator (CSSF)
- Identify threats and opportunities that need to be addressed through projects involving various elements (i.e. procedure changes, engagement with commercial or product teams to remediate a situation or address an opportunity, etc.)
- Ongoing review of PPRO’s policies and procedures to ensure they are maintained in accordance with the regulations in force
- Prepare reports and written communication designated for management as needed
You'll need to have:
- Deep knowledge of the payment acquiring and financial services industries
- Familiarity with regulatory standards and guidelines, specifically set out by the CSSF
- Experience and expertise in day-to-day compliance operations of a regulated financial institution
- Result orientation and ability to work through to a conclusion
- Methodical approach to problem-solving and managing your workload
- Fluent spoken and written English
- You’ll also need to be eligible to live and work in the country of employment
What's in it for you:
- Gain experience and expand your knowledge in a rocketing fintech that is growing strongly.
- A global and inclusive culture, where every voice is heard and no idea is lost.
- Drive change and make a real impact shaping the compliance function in the payments ecosystem
- Health and wellbeing programs, including a gym allowance and mental wellbeing platform.
- Access to LinkedIn learning and support with your personal and professional development
- PPRO Flex, our Hybrid working model
- Competitive salary
- 30 days of annual leave
We’re PPRO (pronounced “p-pro”). We’re on a mission to make digital payments more effective and accessible in every corner of the planet. After all, most people around the world don’t use international credit cards. In fact, 77% of consumers prefer to use local and alternative payment methods, such as Alipay in China and Boleto Bancário in Brazil.
By helping businesses to offer their consumers more payment choices at the checkout, we are helping to promote financial inclusion in every corner of the globe. We are also empowering local merchants to take part in the global e-commerce boom and compete with established global companies. That means they can hire more people, invest in more suppliers, and ultimately drive economic growth in their country and beyond.
We are a diverse team of over 650 people and 65+ nationalities spread across 11 global locations. Everyone here shares a passion for building – whether that’s forging close relationships with our customers, or constructing a payments infrastructure to accelerate their growth.
We want everyone to make a difference at PPRO. This means owning and seizing opportunities to maximize your impact; having a growth mindset; as well as building trust, and driving change. At PPRO there are countless opportunities to learn, develop and progress, and it’s up to you to own and shape your career path.
Every voice and perspective matter to us. We value diversity and never discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information.
We are looking forward to meeting you!