Product Marketing Manager
Product Management – Product Management /
Permanent - full time
We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager to lead our outbound marketing activities. You’ll be responsible for presenting our products in ways that will increase revenue and contribute to customer stickiness.
For this role, you will be a creative and quantitative thinker. Your goal will be to develop and implement the most profitable plans to position and promote our products. This role is the glue that binds our product strategy to the tactics we need to drive success in sales and marketing and to achieve results. You will be the product evangelist and will play an integral role in organising commercial releases for our products, along with ongoing product readiness.
You will drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales channels to be successful. You will collaborate with our marketing team to develop innovative programs that drive demand. An attention to detail and eye for quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp and present our product’s value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems.
What will you be doing:
Your primary responsibility is to communicate the product’s value to the market. In addition to the marketing team, you will regularly collaborate with product managers, and sales and marketing teams across regions; it’s a balancing act that requires strong interpersonal skills, including knowing when to push back and when to dive deeper.
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Collaborate with product management and marketing communications to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas.
- Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Develop a marketing plan for the products you support in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programmes that support your products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes.
- Plan the commercial releases for new products and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
You’ll need to have:
- Minimum 7+ years’ experience as a product marketing manager at a tech or fintech company
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Demonstrated skills in creating product-focused digital marketing assets
- Familiarity with product marketing tactics (e.g. integrated marketing campaigns)
- Experience using collaboration and CRM tools such as Slack and Salesforce
- Familiarity with marketing automation tools such as Pardot and Google Analytics.
- Experience working cross functionally in a matrix environment
- International experience, wording across regions and with a variety of cultural backgrounds
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or technology preferred
We’d love to see:
That you like to challenge the status quo and that you drive change for the better. We love working with people that are great communicators and people who thrive in truly international environments.
PPRO removes the complexity of international payments. In a nutshell, we process billions of financial transactions across the world, providing access to 150+ local payment methods to financial institutions, payment service providers, and their merchants. All on one platform, with one contract, and one API. Our technology, services, and expertise help merchants and other businesses sell goods and services to consumers anywhere in the world.
While PPRO has been running since 2006, we still maintain a flexible startup environment, where every idea is heard, and there’s always room for improvement.
We have offices in Singapore, London, Munich, Cologne, Berlin, Luxembourg, Atlanta, San Francisco, Mexico City and Sao Paulo with a diverse group of more than 40 nationalities – all united around one goal – to deliver the best possible products and services to our partners and customers. While our company mission is to keep innovating global commerce, our internal mission is to encourage a culture of driving change, collaboration, building trust and always raising the bar.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
PPRO is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.