Commercial Business Development Manager
Product Management – Business Development
PPRO is growing rapidly, and we are on the lookout for a Commercial Business Development manager in our Munich office to lead the identification, creation and launch of new products and services. You will play a key role in generating initial revenue streams, looking for opportunities to better serve our client PSP networks and focus on the overall mission and value proposition of PPRO.
At PPRO, we empower each other to be bold, creative and take responsibility for our actions, while always raising the bar. Therefore, a successful Commercial Business Development Manager will also be one who thrives in this work environment. If you think you fit the bill, we’d like to hear from you!
What will be your main mission?
You will develop specific revenue-generating products that solve problems, improve services, or lead PPRO into new market segments. Key questions in your role are: What are the new services that our clients find value in and are willing to pay for? Where and how can PPRO enter or add new market segments that create greater value, stronger revenue and higher margins? How can PPRO strengthen its current value proposition offering LPMs and improve its competitive position?
Other responsibilities are
- Coordinate your work with Payment Networks, Product Management and Sales to find ways to serve PSP’s and end-merchants with better products and services
- Create business cases that include initial commitment from clients and product or service plans that clearly identify MVP as well as end goals
- Act accordingly as a senior ambassador representing the company to our customers, partner network and alliances.
What will make you successful in this role?
- Proven track record of developing new business and sales opportunities
- Solid understanding of the payment & collection ecosystem in different geographies
- Understanding of The Lean Startup method for new service creation
- Commercial mindset with solid understanding of the company’s market and competitive environment
- Proven ability to work effectively with international, cross-functional teams and to internalise new processes and developments in a highly dynamic industry
- Ability to map out payment scheme organisation structure and identify and engage with ‘C’ level contacts
- Sound understanding of other functional areas of the business such as finance, marketing, legal
- Highly sensitive in identifying and anticipating business relevant trends and disruptions, and having the ability to map such changes to commercial opportunities, create new alliances to build new products or services.
- University degree in a relevant field. MBA would be a preference
- Pragmatic thinking, excellent networker & high degree of attention to detail
- Vision, positive attitude and ability to think outside of the box
- Strategic thinking and solution-oriented approach
- Analytically minded and able to engage with and utilise others to deliver results
- Results and data driven with strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Focused, proactive self-starter comfortably operating in a diverse, open-minded, constantly evolving team environment, across multiple locations and functions
- Effectively communicate your partnership vision and roadmap to C-level, sales, product, technology, operations and other stakeholders
- Willingness to travel
Who are we?
PPRO helps people to pay and get paid. Our technology and expertise overcome barriers to help online merchants sell goods and services, wherever in the world, they want to. While PPRO has been running for 13 years, we still maintain a flexible startup environment, where every idea is heard, and there’s always room for improvement.
We have offices in Singapore, London, Munich, Cologne, Berlin, Luxembourg, Atlanta, San Francisco, Mexico City and Sao Paulo with a diverse group of more than 30 nationalities -- all united around one goal -- to deliver the best possible products and services to our partners and customers. While our company mission is to keep innovating in the global digital commerce field, our internal mission is to do so while encouraging a culture of embracing change, collaboration, building trust and always raising the bar.