Head of Internal Audit (f/m/x)
Finance – Audit /
Permanent - full time
As Head of Internal Audit you are responsible for the Global Internal Audit activities of the PPRO Group, a regulated (FCA and CSSF) international payment service provider focusing on Local Payment Methods worldwide with locations covering the Americas, Europe and Asia.
You will establish the internal audit function of PPRO (currently outsourced) as an in-house function by building a team, developing internal standards, managing external partners and conducting audits. In this role you will.
What will you be doing:
- Establish and continuously develop a new and professional in-house internal audit function, taking national and international standards relevant for financial services providers into account
- Manage activities of our external audit partner
- Build, develop and manage the internal audit team
- Implement and further develop a risk based global audit strategy which is in line with international rules and standards, the business needs and the company culture
- Develop a risk-oriented audit planning on an ongoing basis
- Conduct audits of the group-wide business processes, IT activities, regulated activities and internal control system
- Create audit reports and recommendations for action regarding the improvement of the organisation and business processes
- Follow-up on audit recommendations
- Consult with management on governance, compliance, risk management and control systems
- Provide audit and consulting support within the scope of further special projects
You'll need to have:
- Successfully completed studies in business administration, finance, business informatics or a comparable field of study
- Full qualification or certification in audit or accounting (ideally CMIIA, CIA, CISA or similar)
- Multiple years of professional experience in leading internal audits in an international environment in the financial services sector - either in professional services or an in-house function (experience in the payments industry is an advantage)
- Detailed understanding of key business processes, internal control frameworks, risk management principles, as well as the industry specific legal and regulatory frameworks (e.g. from FCA and CSSF, ZAG, EBA, AML, PSD2, GDPR)
- A high affinity for IT
- Excellent communication and analytical skills and a high level of integrity
- Ability and experience to build and develop a team
- Highly proficient in written and spoken German and English, additional language skills are an advantage
- Willingness to go on occasional national and international business trips
Why should you join us:
- You enjoy being part of a truly international company and a great team
- You have fun in building and developing a critical function in a fast paced high growth industry
- You like to bring your ideas to the table and realise them all the way through
We’d love to see:
That you like to challenge the status quo and that you drive change for the better. We love working with people that are great communicators and people who thrive in truly international environments.
Most of the world’s e-commerce purchases are made with a local payment method, not a big-brand credit card. Yet most of the payments industry is card-centric; not many companies can accept the 500 different ways the world pays. That’s where PPRO comes in.
PPRO focuses on local payments, all day, every day. While many Buzzword-as-a-Service companies try to be all things to all people, we painstakingly engineer our infrastructure to do one thing: help businesses accept payment across borders. And it pays off; our technology and services power international growth for companies like Citi, Mollie, PayPal, and Worldpay.
Speaking of growth, we just raised over $180 million in new investment to take PPRO to the next level. If you want to work at a company where every idea is heard, and there’s always a way to make an impact, let’s talk. If you like to work the way we do – by building trust and driving change – we want to hear from you.
Our offices in Singapore, London, Munich, Cologne, Berlin, Luxembourg, Atlanta, San Francisco, Mexico City and Sao Paulo are home to a diverse team representing 40+ nationalities. And while there are over 320 of us, we’re all united by one mission: to deliver in the next era of local payments infrastructure and power growth for businesses all over the world.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
PPRO is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.