Legal – Legal
PPRO is growing rapidly, and we are on the lookout for new team members to join our exciting business. At PPRO, we empower each other to be bold, creative and take responsibility for our actions, while always raising the bar. Therefore, a successful team members will also be one who thrives in this work environment.
If you think you fit the bill, we’d like to hear from you!
PPRO is growing rapidly, and we are on the lookout for an experienced Legal Counsel in London with in-house experience and expertise in commercial law and contractual negotiations. As part of the PPRO legal team, you will collaborate with internal stakeholders in particular the commercial and customer facing departments and you will report directly to the Head of Legal, located in Luxembourg.
You will be part of a legal team comprised of five in-house lawyers. You will support our growing payments business with a key focus on commercial matters arising worldwide. Your work will span across multiple legal domains from contract and corporate law matters to payments and regulation. You will be working closely together with multiple shareholders across the PPRO group. You will be able to understand complex functions and will have a willingness to learn about all areas of the business.
This is a varied role with day to day duties including:
- Reviewing a range of commercial agreements including supplier contracts, business customer contracts and software contracts
- Act as primary lead for inter-company arrangements, drafting outsourcing agreements, binding corporate rules and other inter-company commercial agreements
- Managing internal corporate governance for the PPRO group of companies
- Providing proactive advice to stakeholders with regards to new UK and EU laws or regulations that may impact the business
- Improve existing legal processes at PPRO and ensure implementation of guidelines and policies relating to contract management
- Deal with customer, supplier and partnership contracts in close contact with stakeholders in the sales, customer delivery and supply chain teams
Who you are
- UK (or EU) qualified lawyer, preferably with experience in the financial services or technology sector
- 3- 5+ years experience as legal counsel (with a focus on commercial negotiations)
- Excellent working proficiency in English, German would be considered as advantage
- Current knowledge of contract, data protection and business laws
- Strong contractual drafting and analytical skills, combined with pragmatism and business sense
- Ability to translate complex legal or factual issues into plain language communications
- Strong sense of ownership and drive to push complex legal matters forward
- You work effectively with cross-functional and remote teams in a collaborative manner, and are able to perform and deliver results under pressure
- You have an open, flexible and team-oriented personality, your self-motivation as well as your excellent communication skills enable you to contribute to the team success
What We Offer
- Learn the latest ways in which companies are run and products are built
- Grow your expertise and career in one of the fastest-growing companies at the forefront of the fast-growing digital payments revolution—without all the stuff slowing you down in big companies
- Gain experience in one of the top 5 industries: Next to biotech, 3D printing, the Internet of Things and AI, FinTech is one of the hottest industries out there
- Be well rewarded for good performance, proactivity and creativity
- Carry out challenging and interesting tasks at the forefront of the online payments movement
- Learn how to get along with just about anybody worldwide
- You will work with a highly motivated team comprising members of more than 20 nationalities.
PPRO helps people to pay and get paid. Our technology and expertise overcome barriers to help online merchants sell goods and services, wherever in the world, they want to. While PPRO has been running for 13 years, we still maintain a flexible startup environment, where every idea is heard, and there’s always room for improvement.
We have offices in Singapore, London, Munich, Cologne, Berlin, Luxembourg, Atlanta, San Francisco, Mexico City and Sao Paulo with a diverse group of more than 30 nationalities -- all united around one goal -- to deliver the best possible products and services to our partners and customers. While our company mission is to keep innovating in the global digital commerce field, our internal mission is to do so while encouraging a culture of embracing change, collaboration, building trust and always raising the bar.