Technical Support Specialist APAC (Mandarin Speaking)
Operations – Payment Services Support /
Permanent - full time
PPRO helps people to pay and get paid. As one of the fastest-growing Fintech companies in Europe, we have been building industry-leading electronic payment infrastructure for over 10 years. Our acquiring solution serves payment industry leaders by providing the most efficient access to worldwide alternative payment methods. We have offices in Mexico City, Sao Paulo, London, Munich, Cologne, Luxembourg, Atlanta and Singapore. Our teams are growing rapidly with a diverse group of more than 30 nationalities, all united in a dynamic culture with a common purpose: to deliver the best possible products and services to our partners and customers. Together we have a desire to succeed, team spirit, high energy, professionalism and a willingness to take on complex challenges and find simple, elegant solutions.
What will be your main mission?
Reporting to the Head of Payment Services Support, the Technical Support Specialist is responsible for handling support queries for corporate clients using PPRO payment services, testing new integrated payment schemes developed by our engineers located in the Singapore office, helping technical operations to interact with Asian payment schemes (cultural, language and timing-wise), and assisting in developing and maintaining support processes that are consistent with PPRO policies.
This includes handling of day to day tickets, internal communication in PPRO with different departments involved in solving the queries of PPRO clients and understanding the PPRO systems and payment products to best help our clients by solving their queries. Be in close communication with our partners and suppliers to assist merchants of clients to get to use alternative payment methods.
Who will you be working with?
As part of our Payment Services Support department, which is composed of 10 passionate Support professionals (Support specialists, experts and Head of Payment Services Support), you’ll help your team-members to build a bridge to the Asian market. We are looking for someone that really loves team working, talking to our scheme partners and helping clients. You will be working closely with our Engineering, TechOps, FinOps, Product and Sales teams. You will be able to “translate” clients requests and help to move forward bigger projects to meet the team’s standards.
What will you be doing:
- Act as the first point of contact to receive, prioritise and record all incoming client support requests, taking ownership of user problems and progressing to resolution in a timely manner.
- Helping your European colleagues to communicate with our Asian payment scheme partners to solve issues is a key task for PPRO to build a bridge in regards to culture, language and time zones differences.
- Be ready to assist with (technical) issues as and when they occur.
- Provide information systems technical support for routine customer issues. Escalate unresolved queries, where necessary, to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers).
- Communication with other departments for the purpose of solving client queries effectively.
- Support the Head of Payment Services Support to review payment services related support processes.
- Participate in the day-to-day operations of the payment processing business to assist the boarding, risk and account management teams in staying on top of the business’s daily operations.
- Participate in the KYC verification process while onboarding new clients.
- Assist sales by responding to and addressing technical queries from potential new clients in our technical landscape.
- Complete your tasks and responsibilities inside the internal and external SLAs
How will your success be measured:
- KPIs such as clients happiness, resolution times, etc.
- Success of Support projects
What are the skills to have:
- At least 3 years of experience in payments industry ideally in local alternative payment solutions as well as in European payment landscape
- An associate or Bachelor’s degree in a technical related field or industry equivalent experience is required.
- Proven experience diagnosing and resolving customer issues quickly and effectively.
- Experience to use OTRS, Zendesk, Freshdesk, JIRA or similar client ticketing tools
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You must be able to speak business level English and Mandarin to be able to effectively communicate with the global team as well as our customers and partners in North Asia.
What's in it for you:
- Gain experience and expand your knowledge in a rocketing fintech that is growing strongly.
- A global and inclusive culture, where every voice is heard and no idea is lost.
- Drive change and make a real impact shaping the engineering function in the payments ecosystem
- Health and wellbeing programs, including a gym allowance and mental wellbeing platform.
- Access to LinkedIn learning and support with your personal and professional development
- PPRO Flex, our Hybrid working model
- Competitive salary
- 25 days of annual leave
We’re PPRO (pronounced “p-pro”). We’re on a mission to make digital payments more effective and accessible in every corner of the planet. After all, most people around the world don’t use international credit cards. In fact, 77% of consumers prefer to use local and alternative payment methods, such as Alipay in China and Boleto Bancário in Brazil.
By helping businesses to offer their consumers more payment choices at the checkout, we are helping to promote financial inclusion in every corner of the globe. We are also empowering local merchants to take part in the global e-commerce boom and compete with established global companies. That means they can hire more people, invest in more suppliers, and ultimately drive economic growth in their country and beyond.
We are a diverse team of over 650 people and 65+ nationalities spread across 11 global locations. Everyone here shares a passion for building – whether that’s forging close relationships with our customers, or constructing a payments infrastructure to accelerate their growth.
We want everyone to make a difference at PPRO. This means owning and seizing opportunities to maximize your impact; having a growth mindset; as well as building trust, and driving change. At PPRO there are countless opportunities to learn, develop and progress, and it’s up to you to own and shape your career path.
Every voice and perspective matter to us. We value diversity and never discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information.
We are looking forward to meeting you!